Kidderminster Harriers 2(2) v (1)1 Cambridge United
Football League Division 3 - Aggborough - 26 October 2002
Attendance: 2779


Individual Stats
Kidderminster Shots Fouls Off. v Cambridge Shots Fouls Off.
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Stuart Brock 80(6)0000[1]Shaun Marshall 50(1)0100
Dean Bennett 61(1)0121[7/2]Warren Goodhind 61(1)1000
Sam Shilton 711100[11/27]Stephen Jordan 500020
Kenny Coleman 700100[26/8]Terry Fleming 500040
Lee Ayres 600100[16/5]Adam Tann 51(1)0110
Craig Hinton 500110[5/6]Stevland Angus 500220
JJ Melligan 921302[24/20]Shane Tudor 51(1)1122
Danny Williams 600101[4/14]Luke Guttridge 501130
Drewe Broughton 600242[9/24]Omer Riza 61(1)1022
Bo Henriksen 611203[12/9]David Kitson 812130
Sean Flynn 502510[21/10]Tom Youngs 62(2)0000
Abdou Sall           [2/4] Andy Duncan          
Sean Parrish 500020[8/7]Paul Wanless 500000
Ian Foster 51(w)0000[10/12]Daniel Chillingworth 501100
Ian Joy     [18/17]Franco Nacca 500200
John Danby           [13] Martin Brennan          
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 10 9 6 6 5
Cambridge 19 4 6 7 7
Kidderminster Cambridge
4 JJ Melligan Henriksen crossed low from the left and Melligan fired in sharply at the near post. 8 David Kitson Harriers' defence left Youngs unmarked, his shot was saved but Kitson lashed in the rebound.
27 JJ Melligan Shilton crossed from the left to the far post where Melligan hit a blistering volley past the dive of Marshall into the top corner.      
 Coleman Ayres Hinton 
Bennett     Shilton
 Melligan Williams Flynn 
 Broughton   Henriksen 
GoodhindTann   AngusJordan
TudorGuttridge   FlemingYoungs
 Riza   Kitson 
Kidderminster Cambridge
67 Parrish Willams Parrish to left central midfield, Flynn to central midfield. 46 Nacca Youngs Nacca to right central midfield, Guttridge to right midfield, Tudor to left midfield.
79 Foster Henriksen Foster to striker. 70 Chillingworth Jordan Chillingworth to striker, Goodhind to central defender, Nacca to central midfield, Tudor to right midfield, Riza to left midfield, Guttridge to right central midfield.  Now 3-5-2.
        87 Wanless Guttridge Wanless to striker.  Now 3-4-3.
Kidderminster Cambridge
    Fleming 62 Dissent
Kitson 90+ Foul
Referee: A.Butler
Match Report by St@tto
Harriers moved into third place in the Third Division after a well earned victory over in-form Cambridge United at Aggborough.
A thrilling game began with both teams playing at 100 miles per hour and attacking as if their lives depended on it.  It was Harriers to show first with on loan midfielder JJ Melligan opening the scoring after three minutes.  Top scorer Bo Henriksen got free on the left and his low cross to the near post was fired home powerfully by the young Irishman at the near post.
The lead lasted only four minutes, however, as counter-attacking United drew level with David Kitson's ninth goal of the season.  Harriers' defence disappeared leaving Tom Youngs unmarked on the right, his shot was well saved by Stuart Brock but Kitson followed up to lash in the rebound.
Kidderminster continued to attack, Dean Bennett exchanged passes with Melligan taking the return in his stride and hitting a low shot that Shaun Marshall did well to save low down at the foot of his left-hand post after 16 minutes and midway through the half Henriksen saw his shot cleared off the line by Warren Goodhind with Drewe Broughton lurking.
On 26 minutes Harriers regained the lead, Sam Shilton's cross from the left evaded Broughton who had two markers and dropped invitingly in front of Melligan who hit a blistering volley beyond the dive of Marshall and into the far corner.
After the break the pace of the game understandably lowered but both teams continued to create chances.  Shilton crossed from the right three minutes into the half to the far post where Sean Flynn headed wide.
Cambridge's next good chance for an equaliser came fourteen minutes from the end as their attacking became more and more frantic.  Shane Tudor struck a 20-yard free kick that beat the wall but was easy for Brock to deal with.  Eight minutes from time substitute Ian Foster got free on the right and chipped a shot over Marshall that bounced off the top of the crossbar and would have sealed the victory for Kidderminster.  Drewe Broughton was lucky to stay on the field late on after clashing with Adam Tann and appearing to head-butt him but neither the referee or linesman saw the incident and he was not even spoken to.
In the closing minutes Harriers fought a desperate rearguard action to ensure all three points as Cambridge forced a number of corners.  First an unmarked Tann headed straight at Brock and in stoppage time Goodhind had a header that Brock did well to push round the post.


Valid HTML 4.01