Kidderminster Harriers 2(0) v (1)2 Rushden & Diamonds
FA Cup Round 1 - Aggborough - 16 November 2002
Attendance: 3079


Individual Stats
Kidderminster Shots Fouls Off. v Rushden Shots Fouls Off.
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Stuart Brock 50(2)0000[1]Billy Turley 400000
Ian Foster 501000[10/14]Marcus Bignot 500050
Sam Shilton 700300[11/17]Gary Setchell 500000
Kenny Coleman 500210[26/5]Mark Peters 501430
Lee Ayres 500320[16/4]Barry Hunter 500200
Craig Hinton 601410[5/12]Stuart Gray 72(2)0010
Sean Flynn 601120[21/18]David Bell 501110
Danny Williams 501210[4/7]Stuart Wardley 500130
Drewe Broughton 716421[9/21]Robert Duffy 731130
Bo Henriksen 502220[12/10]Duane Darby 500120
Sean Parrish 603210[8/3]Paul Underwood 501220
Abdou Sall     [2/9]Scott Partridge 500010
Adie Smith           [6/19] Daniel Talbot          
Dean Bennett 500000[7/22]Paul Hall 500021
Daire Doyle           [15/24] John Dempster          
John Danby           [13/16] Adam Sollitt          
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 12 1 2 1 15
Rushden 23 1 3 5 4
Kidderminster Rushden
58 Gary Setchell Shilton's cross from the left found Setchell at the far post who slotted the ball into his own net while under no pressure. 45+ Robert Duffy Gray's free-kick from the left eluded everybody and reached the umarked Duffy who planted the ball into the bottom corner of the net.
77 Drewe Broughton Shilton's free kick from the byline on the left was headed in by Broughton from 12 yards out. 71 Robert Duffy Underwood got to the byline on the left and crossed to the far post where Duffy rose to head home.
 Coleman Ayres Hinton 
Foster     Shilton
 Flynn Williams Parrish 
 Broughton   Henriksen 
BignotPeters   HunterSetchell
BellWardley   GrayPeters
 Darby   Duffy 
Kidderminster Rushden
61 Bennett Foster Bennett to right wing back. 46 Hall Darby Hall to striker.
        84 Partridge Duffy Partridge to striker.
Kidderminster Rushden
    Bignot 5 Foul
Darby 30 Foul
Hunter 61 Foul
Referee: C.Penton
Match Report by St@tto
Harriers and Rushden must fight it out again in ten days time at Nene Park after a see-saw encounter ended all square.
Twice Rushden took the lead and twice Kidderminster came from behind but neither side was able to take total control of the match.  A cagey first half saw the home team create the best of the goalscoring chances without really threatening Billy Turley in the visitorsí goal while The Diamonds had the best of the possession did nothing with it.
Right on the stroke of half time the visitors took the lead, Stuart Gray floated over a free kick from out on the left wing which eluded everyone and fell to Robert Duffy beyond the far post who had an easy task to plant the ball into the bottom corner of the net.
After the break Rushden were the first to look like scoring again, Duffy got clear of the defence and through on Brock beating the keeper to the ball but Craig Hinton was on hand to clear off the line and avert the danger.  A minute later the scores were level.  Sam Shilton crossed from the left, in a carbon copy of the Rushden goal the ball eluded everybody, and at the far post was Gary Setchell who, under no pressure, played the ball back into his own net.
Once back in the game Harriers began to get stronger as the visitors looked less composed and after 70 minutes nearly took the lead, substitute Dean Bennett broke clear on the right wing and his cross was headed narrowly over the bar by Drewe Broughton.  It was not long, however, before Rushden regained the lead, Paul Underwood got to the by-line on the left and crossed to the far post where Duffy rose well to head in his second goal of the game.
On 73 minutes Harriers should have scored again, the ball somehow stayed out of the visitors net after an almighty scramble in which Sean Parrish, Bo Henriksen and Broughton all could have scored.  It was only three minutes until the home team were level again, Shiltonís free kick from the left was headed home by Broughton from 12 yards out.  In stoppage time Broughton had another chance that could have won the game but he headed wide from Lee Ayresí cross.


Valid HTML 4.01