Wrexham 0(0) v (1)2 Kidderminster Harriers
Football League Division 3 - The Racecourse - 21 December 2002
Attendance: 3734


Individual Stats
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Kristian Rogers 60(4)0000[13/1]Stuart Brock 70(2)0000
Carlos Edwards 500001[7]Dean Bennett 71(1)0001
Paul Edwards 500010[14/11]Sam Shilton 600010
Shaun Pejic 500000[18/26]Kenny Coleman 600010
Stephen Roberts 501000[4/16]Lee Ayres 600210
Dennis Lawrence 600230[6/5]Craig Hinton 600100
Paul Barrett 51(w)0000[12/24]JJ Melligan 612310
Darren Ferguson 500320[10/21]Sean Flynn 61(1)016(1h)0
Lee Jones 511213[8/27]Andy Bishop 72(2)2001
Andy Morell 63(2,1w)1315[11/12]Bo Henriksen 503210
Jim Whitley 600300[2/8]Sean Parrish 62(w1)0030
Shaun Holmes     [3/4]Danny Williams 500000
Brian Carey 500010[5/9]Drewe Broughton 500100
Steve Thomas 501010[19/10]Ian Foster     
Hector Sam 501000[23/15]Daire Doyle     
Andy Dibble     [1/13]John Danby     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Wrexham 10 9 5 5 5
Kidderminster 14 2 6 7 7
      44 Sean Parrish Coleman's cross from the right was only half cleared and fell to Parrish who struck a low left-foot volley into the bottom corner of the net.
      89 JJ Melligan Ayres found Melligan in space on te right who advanced towards goal and hit a rasping 25 yard shot into the top corner giving Rogers no chance.
C.Edwards   P.Edwards
 Jones Morrell 
Bennett   Shilton
 Bishop Henriksen 
46 Carey Pejic Carey to central defender, Roberts to right central defender. 70 Broughton Henriksen Broughton to striker.
63     Now 5-2-2. 83 Williams Bennett Williams to central midfield, Flynn to right central midfield, Melligan to right wing back.
79 Sam Jones Sam to striker.        
79 Thomas P.Edwards Thomas to right wing back, C.Edwards to left wing back.        
P.Edwards 58 Foul Ferguson 63 Serious Foul Play Parrish 52 Unsporting Behaviour
Williams 83 Dissent
Referee:  S.Mathieson
Match Report by St@tto
Harriers recorded their first League win since October with a thrilling victory at Wrexham's Racecourse Ground that saw the home team reduced to ten men in the second half after Darren Ferguson was sent off.
The opening half saw both teams treating each other with a lot of respect and as a result the early exchanges were very cagey.  For Harriers Dean Bennett had a shot saved low down by Kristian Rogers that was the best early chance.  As the half wore on the game began to open up and on 34 minutes the home side came closest to opening the scoring, Carlos Edwards got to the byline on the right and pulled the ball back into the goalmouth and after a brief scramble it came loose to Paul Barrett who lashed his shot against Stuart Brock's left-hand post.
Three minutes later Harriers had the ball in the back of the Wrexham net, Sean Parrish played the ball over the top of the defence for Andy Bishop who lifted it over Rogers only for the goal to be ruled out by the linesman's flag.  The post then came to the rescue of the home team, Sam Shilton's right wing corner found Parrish at the far post but he could only direct his header against the upright.  Two minutes before the interval Harriers took the lead, Parrish making amends for his earlier miss with a sweetly struck shot that curled out of the reach of Rogers and into the bottom corner of the net.
At the break Wrexham replaced Shaun Pejic with Brian Carey at the back who immediately stiffened the resolve of the home team and was soon clashing with Sean Parrish.  With things not going their way Wrexham were beginning to get a little bad tempered and on 62 minutes the game turned when Darren Ferguson lunged at JJ Melligan catching him in the groin with his studs and sparking a brawl that involved most of the players on the park.  Once he had regained control referee Mathieson had no hesitation in showing the red card to the Wrexham man.  Andy Morrell, the top scorer in Division Three, had been well shackled throughout the game but three minutes later he got the better of his marker and got clear on goal but his shot was well saved by Brock.
Harriers had another scare on 74 minutes when Lee Jones' shot beat Brock but was blocked by Lee Ayres and rebounded into the keepers' arms.  Wrexham pressed frantically in search of the equaliser, Hector Sam almost found the net but his weak shot ran just wide of the far post with Brock stranded and then a minute from time Harriers wrapped up the game when Melligan received the ball on the right from Lee Ayres and hit a blistering shot from 25 yards into the top corner of the net to record his eighth goal of the season.  In stoppage time Wrexham were again denied by the woodwork, this time Morrell hit the crossbar with a 20-yard lob, but Wrexham were never going to break down the solid Harriers rearguard.


Valid HTML 4.01