Kidderminster Harriers 0(0) v (1)2 Rushden & Diamonds
Football League Division Three - Aggborough - 11 January 2003
Attendance: 3417


Individual Stats
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Stuart Brock 60(6)0000[1]Billy Turley 70(4)0000
Dean Bennett 61(1)1010[7/14]Marcus Bignot 500100
Sam Shilton 500100[11/3]Paul Underwood 61(1)0230
Kenny Coleman 501000[26/5]Mark Peters 500010
Lee Ayres 500000[16/4]Barry Hunter 600010
Craig Hinton 600220[5/18]David Bell 500110
JJ Melligan 61(1)2100[24/22]Paul Hall 84(2)0031
Danny Williams 601320[4/7]Stuart Wardley 51(1)1000
Andy Bishop 502211[27/10]Duane Darby 500003
Bo Henriksen 62(2)3121[12/31]Onandi Lowe 63(1, 1w)124(1h)2
Sean Flynn 500310[21/12]Stuart Gray 500210
Adie Smith     [6/17]Gary Setchell     
Ian Foster 500100[10/19]Daniel Talbot     
Daire Doyle     [15/20]Andy Sambrook 500000
John Hodge     [20/21]Robert Duffy 500013
John Danby     [13/24]John Dempster     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 925410
Rushden 159592
Bennett   Shilton
 Bishop Henriksen 
BignotPeters HunterUnderwood
HallWardley BellGray
 Darby Lowe 
80 Foster Bennett Foster to striker, Melligan to right midfield, Williams to right central midfield, Flynn to left central midfield, Shilton to left midfield.  Now 3-4-3. 53 Duffy Darby Duffy to striker.
        90 Sambrook Lowe Sambrook to right midfield, Hall to striker.
    Lowe 64 Foul
Duffy 79 Dissent
Referee:  B.Jordan
Match Report by St@tto
Rushden completed their third victory over Harriers of the season, but were grateful for an error by Harriers keeper Stuart Brock that allowed Paul Hall to wrap up the game against the run of play.
Harriers began the game looking like a team short of match practice, their last game came on December 29, and they were given an early fright when the annoying Onandi Lowe climbed highest at the far post but saw his header bounce off the top of the crossbar.
After fourteen minutes Rushden took the lead.  The ball was played hopefully over the Harriers defence who stood still on the halfway line waiting for a linesman's flag that never came and allowed Lowe a clear run on goal before knocking the ball square to Hall who slotted it home at the far post.
Harriers never really got into their stride in the first half but as the period wore on managed to create a couple of chances, Dean Bennett saw his effort blocked on the line and in the last minute of the half JJ Melligan created an opening for Bo Henriksen but the Dane dragged his shot wide.
After the break Kidderminster stepped up the pressure and began to take control of the game.  Six minutes into the half Harriers should have been level, Andy Bishop did well to cross from the right for Henriksen who saw his snap shot kept out by the lightning reflexes of Billy Turley.  Turley was again on form to save well from Henriksen again and Melligan but Harriers continued to attack and it seemed only a matter of time before the equaliser came.
The next goal, however, came against the run of play and went to the visitors after 68 minutes.  Craig Hinton fouled Lowe to give away a free kick 25 yards from goal, Lowe himself took the kick which beat the wall but was straight at Brock who managed to spill the ball into the path of Hall who had an easy task of finding the back of the net.
The goal took the steam out of Harriers' attack for a while, Sam Shilton created a chance for Melligan but he headed wide with the goal at his mercy and from then on Rushden were able to see out the rest of the game comfortably and held on for a somewhat fortunate victory.


Valid HTML 4.01