Darlington 0(0) v (0)0 Kidderminster Harriers
Football League Division 3 - Feethams Ground - 18 January 2003
Attendance: 2630


Individual Stats
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Andy Collett     [1]Stuart Brock     
Simon Betts     [3/24]JJ Melligan     
Ryan Valentine     [2/11]Sam Shilton     
Craig Liddle     [4/26]Kenny Coleman     
Stuart Whitehead     [30/6]Adie Smith     
Matt Clarke     [24/5]Craig Hinton     
Ashley Nicholls     [25/21]Sean Flynn     
Clark Keltie     [18/4]Danny Williams     
Richard Offiong     [27]Andy Bishop     
Richard Hodgaon     [15/12]Bo Henriksen     
Gary Pearson     [7/8]Sean Parrish     
Ian Clark     [8/7]Dean Bennett     
Neil Maddison     [10]Ian Foster     
Paul Campbell     [14/16]Lee Ayres     
Mark Sheeran     [19/20]John Hodge     
Chris Porter     [22/13]John Danby     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Darlington 158634
Kidderminster 181455
61 Matt Clarke Close range header from Hodgson's right wing corner. 50 Bo Henriksen A short corner on the right came to Coleman who crossed low towards Henriksen who flicked the ball up and volleyed it on the turm into the top corner of the net.
84 Matt Clarke Fierce volley at the near post after Hodgson crossed from the left.      
Betts   Valentine
 Offiong Hodgson 
Melligan   Shilton
 Bishop Henriksen 
46     Clarke to striker, Hodgson to attacking midfield, Betts to right back, Valentine to left back, Whitehead to left central defender.  Now 4-3-1-2. 65 Ayres Shilton Ayres to right central defender, Coleman to left back, Hinton to right back, Smith to left central defender.
67 Maddison Pearson Maddison to right central midfield, Nicholls to right midfield, Keltie to left central midfield, Hodgson to left midfield.  Now 4-4-2. 66 Bennett Melligan Bennett to right midfield, Williams to left central midfield, Parrish to left midfield.  Now 4-4-2.
78 Clark Offiong Clark to striker. 77 Foster Bishop Foster to striker.
Keltie 72 Foul
Clarke 72 Foul
  Smith 90+ Foul  
Referee: E.Wolstenholme
Match Report by St@tto
Harriers' defensive frailties let them down again as they threw away the lead to lose to two goals from Darlington's makeshift striker Matt Clarke.
Ian Britton recalled Adie Smith and Sean Parrish after injury with Dean Bennett and Lee Ayres dropping down to the subs' bench.  Harriers had the best of the opening exchanges and began to dominate the game from an early point.  Home keeper Andy Collett was by far the busier of the two keepers, Bo Henriksen calling him ito action first and then after 20 minutes he tipped a rasping 25 yard Danny Williams free kick over the bar.
Williams tried his luck from antoher free kick six minutes later but this time his effort went over the bar.  Harriers were creating a string of chances that they just could not convert, after 34 minutes Sam Shilton crossed from the left for Henriksen who was unable to control the ball properly before it was cleared and five minutes before he break Andy Bishop ran through the heart of the home defence but shot just wide.
At the interval Darlington boss Mick Tait changed things around moving Matt Clarke from the centre of the defence to centre forward but it was Harriers who carried on as before.  Five minutes into the half a short corner on the right was played back to Kenny Coleman, the Irishman mishit his cross but it still found Henriksen in the penalty area.  With his back to goal the Dane flicked the ball up and hit a volley on the turn into the top corner of the net.
Darlington's tactical switch began to pay off as Clarke headed the equaliser for the home side.  David Hodgson's corner from the right curled in to the far post where Clarke rose unmarked to head in from close range.
In order to combat the threat of Clarke, Harriers made a double substitution and switched to a flat back four.  Darlington, spurred on by their goal, began to get on top, however, and Stuart Brock was called upon to save from Ian Clark who had been sent on to replace youngster Richard Offiong.  With time beginning to run out The Quakers took the lead, Clarke and Hodgson combined again, Hodgson crossing from the byline on the left to the near post where Clarke hit a fierce volley past Brock to win the game.


Valid HTML 4.01