Cambridge United 0(0) v (0)2 Kidderminster Harriers
Football League Division 3 - Abbey Stadium - 15 March 2003
Attendance: 3705


Individual Stats
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Shaun Marshall 50(2)0000[1/18]Fraser Digby 600000
Warren Goodhind 500120[2/6]Adie Smith 500310
Fred Murray 500000[3/5]Craig Hinton 600100
Ezomo Iriekpen 500100[11/2]Wes Morgan 710000
Stevland Angus 500000[6/25]Dion Scott 600100
Luke Guttridge 502340[14/21]Sean Flynn 500320
Francesco Nacca 500100[17/24]JJ Melligan 610005
Terry Fleming 500010[8/4]Danny Williams 500210
David Kitson 511121[9/27]Andy Bishop 51(1)2117
Omer Riza 500110[24/10]Ian Foster 51(1)0020
Tom Newey 501120[25/11]Sam Shilton 500110
Paul Wanless     [7/3]Scott Stamps     
Tom Youngs 500000[10/8]Sean Parrish 500000
Daniel Chillingworth 500000[12/9]Drewe Broughton 500013
David Theobald     [27/16]Lee Ayres     
Martin Brennan     [13/1]Stuart Brock     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Cambridge 121914
Kidderminster 915642
      66 JJ Melligan Bishop's attempted shot was charged down and the ball flew to Melligan who looped a header beyond the reach of Marshall.
      73 Wes Morgan Flynn flosted a free kick from the left to the far post where Morgan rose and powered a header over Marshall into the roof of the net.
GoodhindIriekpen AngusMurray
NaccaFleming GuttridgeNewey
 Riza Kitson 
SmithMorgan ScottHinton
FosterWilliams FlynnShilton
65 Youngs Nacca Youngs to left midfield, Newey to left central midfield, Guttridge to right central midfield, Fleming to right midfield. 81 Broughton Bishop Broughton to striker.
74 Chillingworth Riza Chillingworth to striker. 89 Parrish Melligan Parrish to left central midfield, Williams to central midfield, Flynn to right central midfield.  Now 4-5-1.
Youngs 65 Foul   Flynn 21 Foul
Smith 29 Foul
Referee: R.Pearson
Match Report by St@tto
Harriers deservedly recorded their seventh away win of the season as they shackled Cambridge's strike force of David Kitson and Omer Riza who had scored 36 goals between them so far this season.
Forced into a late change after Bo Henriksen injured his hamstring, Harriers included Scott Stamps on the bench, making up the numbers for the first time since his injury on November 12.  In the early stages of the game Harriers comfortably soaked up the Cambridge pressure and began to take control of the game themselves.  The two sides were fairly evenly matched and cancelled each other out to a certain extent and goalmouth action was rare.  Harriers had the best cahnce of the first half in the opening few minutes, Ian Foster picked up the ball on the right and cut inside the penalty area but shot weakly straight at Shaun Marshall in the home goal.
Referee Pearson made his presence known quite regularly during the half, taking the names of Adie Smith and Sean Flynn, Flynn for a high challenge on Francesco Nacca that left the Cambridge player with blood all over his shirt although Flynn had made a genuine attempt to reach the ball.
After the break Harriers stepped up a gear as they seemed to realise that Cambridge were offering no real threat and began to dominate the game completely.  After 61 minutes Andy Bishop almost opened the scoring when he raced clear of the United defence but Marshall got his fingertips to the shot and turned it out for a corner.
The opening goal came soon afterwards, however, Bishop chased a long ball and his attempted shot was charged down by Iriekpen and the ball flew to JJ Melligan who looped a header over Marshall that took an eternity to drop into the net.  Minutes later it got even better for Harriers, a free kick on the left wing was floated towards the far post by Flynn and found Wes Morgan who rose unmarked to head past Marshall to double the lead.
Cambridge finally came out of their shell in the closing minutes as they tried to fins a way back into the game.  Ten minutes from the end a cross from the left found Luke Guttridge who headed over with Fraser Digby flapping at thin air in the Harriers goal.  Shortly afterwards David Kitson got clear of the Harriers defence and beat Digby with his shot but saw it cleared off the line by Dion Scott.  Harriers never looked in any danger of losing their grip on the game and easily saw out time to claim all three points.


Valid HTML 4.01