Macclesfield Town 2(0) v (0)0 Kidderminster Harriers
Football League Division 3 - Moss Rose - 29 March 2003
Attendance: 2069


Individual Stats
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Steve Wilson 80(6)0000[13/1]Stuart Brock 60(4)0000
George Abbey 500110[16/7]Dean Bennett 600300
Danny Adams 500000[3/11]Sam Shilton 600110
Darren Tinson 500200[5/6]Adie Smith 51(1)0220
Karl Munroe 600000[21/25]Dion Scott 500200
Steve MacAuley 600330[18/5]Craig Hinton 500000
Danny Whitaker 74(2, 1w)0200[12/21]Sean Flynn 502100
Darren Dunning 51(1)1230[26/4]Danny Williams 501220
Matthew Tipton 501000[9]Drewe Broughton 62(2)0122
Kyle Lightbourne 51(1)1151[7/27]Andy Bishop 72(2)1231
Chris Priest 500020[8] Sean Parrish 61(1)0020
Matt Haddrell 500000[10/3]Scott Stamps     
David Eaton     [23/10]Ian Foster 501001
Colin Little     [30/12]Bo Henriksen     
John Miles 611103[36/14]Hugh McAuley 602000
Lee Martin     [1/15]Nick Heath 500000
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Macclesfield 144274
Kidderminster 124367
52 John Miles Dunning was allowed to run at the heart of the Harriers defence before threading a pass through to Miles who swept the ball inside the far post.      
54 Danny Whitaker The ball was played across the face of the penalty area to Whitaker on the right who was unmarked and had plenty of time to pick his spot.      
Abbey   Adams
 Lightbourne Tipton 
Bennett   Shilton
 Broughton Bishop 
46 Miles Tipton Miles to striker. 65 Foster Bishop Foster to striker.
72 Haddrell Priest Haddrell to central midfield, Dunning to left central midfield. 65 McAuley Shilton McAuley to attacking midfield, Bennett to right midfield, Williams to left central midfield, Parrish to left midfield.  Now 3-4-1-2.
        89 Heath Parrish Heath to right midfield, Bennett to left central midfield.
Priest 57 Dissent   Smith 64 Foul  
Referee: M.Thorpe
Match Report by St@tto
Harriers' promotion hopes were dealt another blow with a disappointing defeat in a dour game against former Conference rivals Macclesfield at Moss Rose.
Depleted Harriers lined up with more changes, Stuart Brock returning to the team for the first time since January after having spent the last eleven games on the bench.  Fraser Digby was left out altogether and there was no goalkeeper on the bench, deadline day signing Hugh McAuley was unable to make the starting line up and youth team player Nick Heath was included in the sixteen for the first time in a Football League game.
Macclesfield were the first to show, in the opening minutes Danny Whitaker tested Brock but the Harriers keeper was able to parry his 20 yard shot.  Harriers attacked also but for all of their possession they culd not find a telling final ball into the penalty area.  The game became bogged down in midfield and goalmaouth action was at a premium until the final five minutes of the first half.
Harriers attacked and Sam Shilton created good chances twice in as many minutes.  First he got free on the left and his low cross found Sean Parrish at the near post but his first time shot from the edge of the penalty area was well saved by Steve Wilson.  Next Shilton's cross found Andy Bishop who headed wide at the near post when he had time to do better.
After the interval the home team came out stronger and almost took the lead two minutes into the half, Whitaker's left wing corner picked out Kyle Lightbourne who headed straight at Brock.  The opening goal was not long in coming, however, Harriers allowed Darren Dunning to run at them with the ball and he slipped the ball through the backline to substitute John Miles who swept his shot past Brock and into the far corner.
Two minutes later more slack defending allowed The Silkmen to double their advantage.  The ball was played across the face of the penalty area from the left to an unmarked Whitaker in the inside-right postition who had plenty of time to pick his spot as he lashed the ball home.
With 25 minutes remaining Harriers made a double substitution in an attempt to lift the performance, sending on Ian Foster and for his debut Hugh McAuley and changed the formation to 3-4-1-2 with the debutant sitting in the hole behind the strikers.  McAuley offered Harriers' best attacking option with some dangerous crossing that began to cause problems for the home team.  On 76 minutes he crossed from deep on the right, Parrish flicked it on but the ball evaded the oncoming Drewe Broughton.  Four minutes later he popped up on the other flank and crossed to the far post where Sean Flynn got up well but headed just wide.
McAuley also tried his luck with a couple of shots but sent them both wide.  At the other end Whitaker was still a torn in Harriers' side, bringing a save from Brock and also hitting the post.  Results elsewhere went in Harriers' favour keeping them in the play-off hunt, but they must begin to take the chances that they create and make their opponentts work harder if they are to succeed.


Valid HTML 4.01