Kidderminster Harriers 1(1) v (0)1 Bristol Rovers
Football League Division 3 - Aggborough - 3 May 2003
Attendance: 3872


Individual Stats
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Stuart Brock 50(2)0000[1]Scott Howie 50(1)0000
Dean Bennett 602110[7/34]Sonny Parker 51(w)0000
Sam Shilton 602000[11/18]Ijah Anderson 500120
Craig Hinton 500120[5]Adam Barrett 500000
Dion Scott 601130[25/6]Kevin Austin 500120
Scott Stamps 510000[3/17]Lee Hodges 503430
JJ Melligan 62(1)1310[24/11]Wayne Carlise 500000
Danny Williams 51(w)0070[4/15]Simon Bryant 600100
Andy Bishop 602023[27/9]Paul Tait 62(1)1412
Bo Henriksen 500301[12/8]Robert Quinn 500310
Sean Flynn 601010[21/27]Chris Llewellyn 51(1)1312
Sean Parrish     [8/2]Danny Boxall     
Drewe Broughton 500000[9/10]Giuliano Grazioli     
Ian Foster 500001[10/16]Lewis Hogg     
Lee Ayres     [16/19]David Gilroy     
John Danby     [13/32]Kevin Street 500010
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 175649
Bristol 115245
15 JJ Melligan Bishop held off Anderson and got to the byline on the right and pulled the ball back low into the centre where Melligan turned it in from close range. 71 Paul Tait Crashed in a header from close range from Llewellyn's right wing corner.
Bennett   Shilton
 Bishop Henriksen 
ParkerBarrett AustinAnderson
Carlisle   Llewellyn
77 Broughton Bishop Broughton to striker. 59 Street Carlisle Street to right central midfield, Hodges to right wing.
77 Foster Henriksen Foster to striker.        
Referee: H.Webb
Match Report by St@tto
Kidderminster and Bristol shared the points in an entertaining end-of-season clash that leaves Harriers in mid-table and Rovers safe from relegation.
Rovers started brightly and came close to opening the scoring after just six minutes, Wayne Carlisle crossed from deep on the right and found a completely unmarked Paul Tait on the edge of the six-yard box but he headed tamely wide.  Stuart Brock struggled with his kicking all afternoon and after 14 minutes one of his clearances almost cost his team dear when it fell at the feet of Lee Hodges but the Rovers man was unable to find the target from 30 yards out.
Harriers got themselves into the game and took the lead a minute later, Andy Bishop did well to hold off the challenge of Ijah Anderson and his low cross from the right found JJ Melligan, making his last appearance in a Kidderminster shirt before returning to Wolves, and he turned the ball in from close range.
The home team gradually took control of the game but they were unable to do much with the possession that they had and it was Rovers who came closest to scoring next.  From a left wing corner Sonny Parker got up well to head the ball but with Brock beaten it hit the crossbar and bounced to safety.
After the interval Kidderminster had the best of the game again.  Seven minutes after the restart Sean Flynn's free kick from the left found the head of Dion Scott who glanced his header just wide of the far post.  Further chances fell to the home team, another Flynn cross from the left found Melligan beyond the far post but his volley was well saved by Scott Howie in the Rovers goal and shortly afterwards Danny Williams hit a blistering drive from 25 yards that rattled the crossbar and bounced down on the line before being cleared.
Twenty minutes from the end Brock made the save of the game to tip Chris Llewellyn's header over the bar for a corner.  Llewellyn took the corner himself and Tait powered in a header from close range to level the scores.
In the closing stages the game petered out tamely with neither team taking control or looking like forcing a winner.  The best chance fell to Kidderminster with four minutes left when Sam Shilton crossed from the left to Dean Bennett at the far post but he headed wide.


Valid HTML 4.01