Darlington 0(0) v (0)2 Kidderminster Harriers
Football League Division 3 - The Reynolds Arena - 16 August 2003
Attendance: 11600

Individual Stats
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Andy Collett 60(4)0000[1]Stuart Brock 80(4)0000
Ryan Valentine 600120[2/19]Kenny Coleman 700110
Ian Clark 60 0000[8/3]Scott Stamps 600221
Craig Liddle 500110[4/18]Adam Willis 600030
David McGurk 500000[15/5]Craig Hinton 600110
Neil Maddison 51(1)1120[22/8]Sean Flynn 500100
Fabien Bossy 500010[6/7]Dean Bennett 500011
Clark Keltie 500340[9/4]Danny Williams 812310
Barry Conlon 62(1)1210[13/9]John Williams 601001
Glen Robson 500023[20/12]Bo Henriksen 61(1)2000
Ashley Nicholls 51(1)1100[11]Sam Shilton 61(1)1501
Neil Wainwright 500010[14/2]Adie Smith 500000
Chris Hughes 500000[17/10]Andy Bishop 73(2)2102
Mark Sheeran 51(1)1000[19/14]Sean Parrish     
Erdem Artum     [25/20]Graham Ward 500000
Michael Price     [12/15]John Danby     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Darlington 143354
Kidderminster 961068
      54 Danny Williams Blasted a 25 yard free kick through the wall and into the roof of the net.
      60 Andy Bishop Received the ball from a clearance by Stamps and lashed a dipping 30-yard shot over Collett and into the net off the crossbar.
ValintineLiddle McGurkClark
BossyKeltie MaddisonNicholls
 Robson Conlon 
ColemanWillis HintonStamps
BennettD.Williams FlynnShilton
 J.Williams Henriksen 
46 Wainwright Robson Wainwright to striker. 46 Bishop J.Williams Bishop to striker.
76 Hughes Maddison Hughes to right midfiekd, Bossy to left central midfield. 81 Ward Bennett Ward to left central midfield.
76 Sheeran Nicholls Sheeran to striker, Wainwright to left midfield. 81 Smith Henriksen Smith to right midfield, Flynn to central midfield.  Now 4-5-1.
Robson 26 Foul
Nicholls 57 Dissent
  Stamps 72 Foul  
Referee: M.Atkinson
Match Report by St@tto
Harriers maintained their perfect League record with their second win in a row spoiling Darlington's party as 11600 people turned up to celebrate the opening of the new Reynolds Arena.
In a quite opening period which often had the air of a pre-season game, Harriers had the best of the play and created the best of the goalscoring chances.  After just four minutes Dean Bennett escaped on the right wing and played the ball in to Bo Henriksen, restored to the starting line-up after missing the midweek trip to Ipswich through injury, and the Dane turned and rifled a shot into the side netting at the near post.  At the other end Darlington best chance of the half arrived after ten minutes, a left wing corner was punched clear by Stuart Brock only as far as Neil Maddison on the edge of the penalty area who hit a rising drive over the bar and into the Harriers fans behind the goal.
Harriers still looked the most likely to score and seven minutes later Henriksen had another chance, this time Andy Collett in the home goal pushed his effort away for a corner.  Just after the half hour mark the home team felt that they should have had a penalty when Barry Conlon ran into the penalty area challenging with Craig Hinton.  The Harriers man won the tussle hooking the ball away so Conlon threw himself to the ground in an outrageous dive and referee Atkinson waved play on.  Two minutes before the interval The Quakers created another good opening, Ryan Valentine crossed from deep on the right to the far post where conlon could only direct the ball into the side netting.
After the break Harriers stepped up a gear, Andu Bishop came on to replace John Williams and was soon in the thick of the action receiving a pass from Henriksen and hitting a first time shot from just outside the penalty area tht Collett did well to save.  After 51 minutes Collett came to Darlington's rescue again, Sam Shilton saw space open up in fron t of him as he ran at the defence and hit a low shot with his "wrong" foot that the keeper just managed to turn away.
Within seconds play had switched to the other end and the home team had a corner on the right, the ball was played deep to the far post where Conlon rose well and headed back across goal but Shilton was on hand to clear off the line and then Maddison's follow-up shot was saved by Brock.
The opening goal was not long in coming, Bishop was upended by Craig Liddle just outside the penalty area in the inside left channel.  Danny Williams stepped up to take the free-kick and blasted a shot that burst through the defensive wall and into the roof of Collett's net.  Six minutes later the lead was doubled, Scott Stamps intercepted a Darlington attack and played the ball forward, Bishop received it with his back to goal 30 yards out and he turned and hit a dipping shot over the despairing reach of Collett and into the net off the crossbar.
Staring at a two-goal deficit Darlington heads dropped and from then on there was only going to be one winner of the game.  Sixteen minutes from the end Bishop latched onto a chipped pass from Danny Williams cut inside his marker and curled a shot towards the top corner that Collett managed to keep out.  Four minutes later Kenny Coleman was allowed a clear run through the home defence on the right and crossed to the far post where Bishop was again on hand but headed just wide from six yards out.  Darlington did manage to give Harriers one late scare in the last minute, substitute Chris Hughes beat Stamps off the ball and had a clear run at goal but he played to ball square to Mark Sheeran who fired weakly at Brock.
Valid CSS Valid XHTML 1.0