Kidderminster Harriers 1(0) v (0)1 Oxford United
Football League Division 3 - Aggborough - 30 August 2003
Attendance: 3262

Individual Stats
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Stuart Brock 50(2)0000[1]Andy Woodman 70(6)0000
Kenny Coleman 61(1)0000[19/2]Scott McNiven 501010
Sean Parrish 501100[14/3]Matt Robinson 500011
Craig Hinton 600200[5/29]Jon Ashton 50012(1p)0
Adam Willis 62(1)0100[18/5]Andy Crosby 500100
Scott Stamps 61(1)0200[3/18]Matt Bound 501200
Graham Ward 500100[20/27]Paul Wanless 500000
Danny Williams 600000[4]Derek Townley 51(1)5010
Andy Bishop 61(1)1121[10/22]David Oldfield 601120
Bo Henriksen 51(1)22(1p)20[12/23]Steve Basham 502124
Adam Murray 71(1)4020[22/19]Danny Brown 500010
Matt Gadsby 500000[6]Dave Waterman     
Dean Bennett     [7]Chris Hackett     
Sean Flynn     [8]James Hunt 500000
John Williams 610000[9//11]Mark Rawle 62(1)0000
Sam Shilton 500000[11/12]Dean Whitehead     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 61388
Oxford 1153310
82 Adam Willis Murray's through ball to Henriksen was blocked but only into the path of John Williams whose shot was turned in from close range by Willis. 80 Mark Rawle A cross from the right was not cleared properly and dropped to Rawle at the left corner of the penalty area who turned well and curled a shot into the far corner.
Coleman   Parrish
 Bishop Henriksen 
McNiven   Robinson
 Oldfield Basham 
67 J.Williams Bishop Williams to striker. 70 Rawle Oldfield Rawle to striker.
72 Shilton Parrish Shilton to left wing back. 90 Hunt Brown Hunt to left central midfield.
83 Gadsby Ward Gadsby to left central midfield, Murray to right central midfield.        
Referee: T.Parkes
Match Report by St@tto
Harriers ended their two-game losing streak with a point against in form Oxford, and, had Bo Henriksen not missed an 84th minute penalty, they could have taken all three.
Ian Britton carried out his threat to make changes to the team and Sam Shilton, Dean Bennett and captain Sean Flynn were all demoted to the substitutes bench with Sean Parrish, Graham Ward and new signing Adam Murray coming into a new-look midfield.  Scott Stamps had recovered from his ankle injury and continued in the defence.
Within seconds of the kick off Harriers came close to taking the lead, Ward found Henriksen in the inside right channel and he flashed a shot narrowly wide of the far post.  The game didn't take off from this promising start, however, and became bogged down in midfield.  Harriers knocked the ball around in a much more promising fashion in the previous two games but again there was little end product.  Oxford weren't much better themselves, especially considering their position in the league and their unbeaten start to the season.
There was not much more goalmouth action throughout the rest of the half and it was not until six minutes before the interval that there was another clear cut goalscoring opportunity when Adam Murray fired a 25-yard shot over the bar.
After the break the game livened up a little, Harriers were first to threaten after 51 minutes when Stamps brought the ball out of defence and found Murray who turned and fired a 25-yard shot that Andy Woodman did well to beat away but there was no Harriers player following up to capitalise.  At the other end a sharp interchange of passes put Scott McNiven in a good position but he blazed his shot over the bar.  As the game wore on Oxford manager Ian Atkins became more animated on the touch line urging his players on and with 13 minutes left they almost took the lead; Matt Robinson got away on the left and crossed to the far post where an unmarked Steve Basham rose and headed the ball goalwards, fortunately for Harriers his aim was off and it went back across the face of goal and wide.  Two minutes later Derek Townley lashed a shot across the face of the goal and wide of Stuart Brock's right-hand post.
The opening goal came within a minute and it was the visitors who scored it.  United attaced on the right and the ball into the penalty area was not dealt with very well by Harriers and a poor clearance fell to substitute Mark Rawle on the left corner of the penalty area who turned well and curled his shot into the far corner of the net.  Within two minutes Harriers were level, the lively Murray fed the ball through the defence towards Henriksen but John Ashton stretched out a leg to intercept, the loose ball only went as far as Harriers sub John Williams who drilled it back into the goalmouth where stand-in captain Adam Willis turned it in from close range.
Two minutes later Harriers had a golden opportunity to take the lead, Henriksen was brought down by Jon Ashton and referee Trevor Parkes had no hesitation in pointing to the spot for a penalty.  The normally reliable Henriksen stepped up to take the kick but unsually struck it wide of Woodman's left hand post.  With three minutes left on the clock Harriers again went close to stealing the points, John Williams found Kenny Coleman in space but his well-struck shot ws tipped over by Woodman.  From the resulting corner Willis got a good header in but Woodamn dived to his left to grab the ball and end Harriers' threat.
Valid CSS Valid XHTML 1.0