Kidderminster Harriers 1(1) v (2)2 Lincoln City
League Division 3 - Aggborough - 20 September 2003
Attendance: 2462

Individual Stats
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Stuart Brock 50(2)0000[1]Alan Marriott 60(4)0000
Craig Hinton 500200[5/15]Simon Weaver 500200
Scott Stamps 51(1)0200[3/5]Paul Morgan 500100
Adie Smith 710100[2/4]Ben Futcher 600210
Adam Willis 51(1)1100[18/11]Peter Gain 500000
Danny Williams 501140[4/8]Richard Butcher 613110
Matt Gadsby 501020[6/2]Mark Bailey 61(1)0210
Robert Betts 500000[24/26]Richard Liburd 501210
Andy Bishop 61(1)0011[10/28]Marcus Richardson 82(1)0010
Bo Henriksen 61(1)0121[12/27]Gary Fletcher 501120
Lloyd Dyer 710120[23/3]Paul Mayo 502310
Dean Bennett 501000[7/9]Simon Yeo     
John Williams 602020[9/10]Dene Cropper 500010
Sam Shilton     [11/19]David Whattley 500000
Graham Ward     [20/21]Scott Willis     
Mickael Antoine-Curier 500010[25/30]Francis Green 500001
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 142666
Lincoln 91347
12 Lloyd Dyer REceived a pass through the inside left channel, beat Weaver and tucked a shot inside the far post. 32 Marcus Richardson Butcher's pinpoint cross from the right was met by Richardson who beat Brock with an overhead kick.
      43 Richard Butler Mayo's left wing throw was headed clear by Willis as far as Butcher who easily beat Danny Williams to the ball and headed it over Brock and into the top corner.
HIntonSmith WillisStamps
GadsbyBetts D.WilliamsDyer
 Bishop Henriksen 
BaileyButcher GainMayo
63 Bennett Gadsby Bennett to right midfield. 75 Green Fletcher Green to striker.
63 J.Williams Bishop J.Williams to striker. 81 Cropper Richardson Croper to striker.
63 Antoine-Curier Hinton Antoine-Curier to striker, Willis to central defender, Stamps to left central defender.  Now 3-4-3. 87 Whattley Liburd Whattley to left central midfield, Gain to left midfield, Mayo to left back, Futcher to right central defender, Morgan to left central defender, Weaver to right back.  Now 4-4-2.
    Bailey 41 Foul  
Referee: S.Mathieson
Match Report by St@tto
Harriers' woes continue after they threw away an early lead to lose to the visitin Imps and stretch their winless streak to seven games and slipped further down the table.  They now need to dig deep to pick up anything from their next two tough away trips to Hull City and Huddersfield Town.
Ian Britton changed his formation for the start of the game, abandoning wing backs and choosing instead a more conventional 4-4-2 arrangement but sprung a surprise by using Matt Gadsby wide on the right-hand side of the midfield while leaving new signing Mickael Antoine-Curier on the bench.  After a bright start Harriers took the lead after just eleven minutes when Danny Williams set Lloyd Dyer free on the left, the youngster took the ball in his stride and breezed past Simon Weaver before planting a low shot inside the far post.
Six minutes later the visitors came close to an equaliser, they were awarded a free kick on the left 30 yards from goal which Mark Bailey took but his curling shot didn't have enough power and Stuart Brock was able to gather it easily.  Although the game wasn't of the highest quality Harriers were showing signs of improvement after recent games and nearly doubled the lead after half an hour when a right wing corner hit Adam Willis at the far post and Alan Marriott had to be alert to claw the ball away.  Within a minute the play had switched to the other end and Marcus Richardson beat the offside trap to break free on the left, he pulled the ball back into the centre of the penalty area to Richard Liburd but instead of burying the ball in the back of the net he fell over and the danger passed.
The respite didn't last long, however, Richard Butcher picked up the ball on the right and with great accuracy picked out Richardson with his back to goal who tipped himself upside down and beat Brock with an excellent finish.  Harriers almost hit back straight away but Gadsby blazed over the bar.  Once their lead had been cancelled out Harriers lost their way a little and shortly before the break they fell behind.  A throw from left by wide man Paul Mayo was headed clear by Willis only as far as the edge of the penalty area where Richard Butler easily ran past Danny Williams and got his head to the ball first and lift it over Brock and into the top corner of the net.
The first ten minutes of the second half were played at a frenetic pace but the play was scrappy and not much decent football was seen.  Just before the hour mark Lincoln nearly increased their advantage, a deep cross from the right found Gary Fletcher beyond the far post who knocked it down to Liburd who should have done better but steered it wide from close range.
Harriers made a triple substitution and changed formation to 3-4-3 but it was not until ten minutes from the end that it began to pay off.  A Danny Williams corner from the left was played short to Scott Stamps whose cross to the far post found Willis but he headed over.  Harriers began to press on more and a Dean Bennett cross from the right found John Williams who somehow was not offside but in acres of space he headed over.  Three minutes from the end Danny Williams fed the ball through to Bo Henriksen but he shot weakly at Marriott.  In stoppage time Harriers had their best chance, another Danny Williams corner from the left was met by Adie Smith but his glancing header was cleared of the line by a well placed Bailey.
Valid CSS Valid XHTML 1.0