Kidderminster Harriers 2(1) v (0)2 Cambridge United
Football League Division 3 - Aggborough - 1 November 2003
Attendance: 2401

Individual Stats
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Stuart Brock 5 0(3)0000[1]Shaun Marshall 6 0(4)0100
Craig Hinton 5 00000[5/6]Stevland Angus 5 00010
Steve Burton 6 01000[23/22]Stuart Bimson 5 00010
Adie Smith 5 00000[2/4]Andy Duncan 5 00101
Wayne Hatswell 6 00030[22/2]Warren Goodhind 5 00030
Sean Parrish 8 3(2)3101[14]Luke Guttridge 5 02010
Matt Gadsby 7 02000[6/18]David Bridges 5 00000
Dean Bennett 8 1(1)2000[7/11]Justin Walker 5 00010
John Williams 7 2(1)1200[9]Dave Kitson 7 2(1)1313
Andy White 5 02220[25/7]Gareth Williams 6 2(1)1001
Danny Wiliams 6 01100[4/8]Terrry Fleming 5 00010
Sam Shilton 5 00000[11/5]Adam Tann 5 00000
Lee Ayres     [16/15]John Turner 5 1(1)0000
Matt Lewis 5 00100[17/25]Dan Gleeson 5 00000
Graham Ward     [20/29]Ryan Lockett     
John Danby     [15/13]Martin Brennan     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 519612
Cambridge 95454
41 Sean Parrish White got up well at the far post to knock down a left wing Danny Williams cross and Parrish lashed it into the roof of the net. 59 Dave Kitson Got to the ball ahead of Brock to head in Walker's corner from the left.
80 John Williams Shilton ran at the defence on the right before passing to Williams on the opposite flank who took a touch and curled his shot beyond the dive of Marshall. 63 Gareth Williams Was allowed to run across the face of the penalty area from left to right before planting a shot firmly past Brock.
HintonSmith HatswellBurton
 GadsbyParrishD. Williams 
 J. WilliamsWhiteBennett 
AngusDuncan GoodhindBimson
BridgesWalker GuttridgeFleming
 Kitson Williams 
75 Shilton White Shilton to striker. 46 Turner Bridges Turner to striker, Guttridge to central midfield, Fleming to left central midfield. Now 4-3-3.
86 Lewis J. Williams Lewis to striker. 83 Tann Guttridge Tann central midfield.
        89     Duncan to central defender. Now 3-3-3.
        91 Gleeson Williams Gleeson to right midfield, Tann to left central midfield, Fleming to left midfield. Now 3-4-2
    Goodhind 11 Foul
Goodhind 89 Foul
Goodhind 89 Persistent Misconduct
Referee: G. Cain
Match Report by St@tto
A much improved performance from Harriers saw them have to settle for just one point after they threw away the lead in a crazy five minute spell when they reverted to their bad old ways.
Jan Molby made a number of changes to the team that lost to Doncaster, Andy White came in for his debut and was partnered in attack by John Williams and Dean Bennett in a 4-3-3 formation.  Sean Parrish and Matt Gadsby came in in midfield in a team that looked designed for battling.  Since his return to the club Molby has preached the benefits of playing at a high tempo and today it was apparent that that aspect of the game had been worked on in training.  Harriers started the game in lively fashion a quickly had the visitors on the defensive, White was making a nuisance of himself in attack but was getting no help from the referee as he appeared to be fouled on a number of occasions.
After forcing a couple of corners in the opening minutes, and some hurried defending from United, the first really good chance arrived on the quarter hour mark.  Danny Williams fed the ball through to Bennett but just as he was about to shoot he was denied by a great tackle from Andy Duncan.  Ten minutes later Gadsby almost opened the scoring, Danny Williams and Bennett combined again and Gadsby saw his 30-yard effort fly just wide of Shaun Marshall's right-hand post.
The first half was all Harriers and it seemed certain that a goal would arrive before the interval.  Steve Burton had a good chance but his shot flew just over the bar before the deadlock was broken five minutes before the break.  White got up well to knock down the ball from Danny Williams' left wing cross and Parrish, making a late run into the box, lashed it home from ten yards out.  There were more opportunities to come, however, a good turn and shot from beyond 20 yards by John Williams was met by an equally good save from Marshall to turn it away for a corner.  Marshall was on hand again to save from Bennett before Cambridge finally managed an effort at goal in stoppage time; Terry Fleming found Stuart Bimson on the left and his cross to the far post was headed over by Dave Kitson.
After the break United had more purpose about their play and manged to stifle the Harriers and knock them out of their stride.  Three minutes in Gareth Williams held off the challenge of Adie Smith as they chased a through ball but he blasted his shot over the bar.  Panicky defending, which led to Smith being hurt by one of his own players, led to a chance for substitute John Turner but he shot weakly at Stuart Brock.
Just before the hour mark the equaliser arrived in controversial circumstances.  United were awarded a corner even though it was clearly one of their players who put the ball out of play, Justin Walker took the kick and Kitson got his head to the ball ahead of Brock and even though there was not much power in the header it still beat the efforts of Craig Hinton on the line.  Four minutes later the Harriers defending fell apart completely allowing Williams to run unchallenged across the face of the penalty area from left to right before firmly planting a shot past Brock.
Harriers gradually began to regain their composure although as has been the way throughout the season once behind they didn;t look like they would be able to get back into the game.  Half chances started to come, Gadsby set up Parrish but his shot was straight at Marshall and then when Bennett played in White the debutant took too long trying to get the ball out from under his feet and fell over.
White was replaced by Sam Shilton who payed on the right-hand side of the attack, and it was from there that he created Harriers' equaliser.  The United defence allowed him to run at them, backing off all the way, and he rolled the ball square to John Williams who had time to take a touch before curling his shot beyond the dive of Marshall.
Bouyed by their equaliser Harriers pushed for a winner, eight minutes from the end Bennett headed the ball down to Parrish who tried to lob Marshall but it didn't quite come off a intended and the keeper was able to make an easy catch.  At the other end Kitson set up Williams but he ran wide and Brock stood up to him blocking his shot to concede a corner.  Right at the death Cambridge were reduced to ten men when Warren Goodhind, who had already been booked, hacked down Matt Lewis and was shown a second card and was first back to the changing room.  Parrish had one last chance in stoppage time to win the game but curled his shot just wide and Harriers had to make do with just one point.
Valid CSS Valid XHTML 1.0