York City 1(0) v (0)0 Kidderminster Harriers
Football League Division 3 - Bootham Crescent - 21 December 2003
Attendance: 2973

Individual Stats
 OnOffForAg   OnOffForAg 
Mark Ovendale 5 00000[1]Stuart Brock 5 0(2)0000
Darren Edmondson 6 01000[2]Adie Smith 5 01231
David Merris 6 00410[24/3]Scott Stamps 5 01100
Jon Parkin 6 1(1)0010[5]Craig Hinton 6 00010
Chris Smith 5 00010[6/22]Wayne Hatswell 6 00010
Chris Brass 5 00200[7/4]Danny Williams 5 01220
Lee Bullock 6 11300[8/11]Sam Shilton 5 00101
Richard Cooper 5 11220[4/6]Matt Gadsby 5 11131
Jon Shaw 5 02201[29/25]Andy White 5 01034
Lee Nogan 5 1(1)1232[9/7]Dean Bennett 5 00230
Darren Dunning 5 11310[22/23]Steve Burton 5 00010
Mitch Ward     [14/9]John Williams 5 00011
Stephen Brackstone     [16/12]Bo Henriiksen 5 00002
Christian Fox     [17/14]Sean Parrish     
Gary Browne     [28/16]Scott Rickards 5 00000
Chris Porter     [21/15]John Danby     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
York 93257
Kidderminster 189915
52 Lee Bullock Edmondson found space on the right and crossed low for Nogan, his shot was parried by Brock but Bullock followed up to put in the rebound.      
Edmondson   Merris
 Shaw Nogan 
SmithHinton HatswellStamps
ShiltonGadsby D. WilliamsBurton
        60 Rickards Burton Rickards to striker.
        60 Henriksen White Henriksen to striker.
        60 J. Williams Shilton J. Williams to striker, Bennett to central midfield. Now 4-3-3.
Dunning 15 Dissent
Shaw 61 Foul
Nogan 90 Foul
Smith 90+ Foul
  Stamps 14 Foul
D. Williams 22 Foul
White 30 Foul
Smith 45 Foul
Gadsby 85 Foul
Referee: P. Taylor
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers suffered their first defeat on their travels since September 30 after a lacklustre performance and sloppy defending ensured that Christmas came early for hosts York City.

A dour first half was dominated by the home team who had most of the possession and goalmouth action was sparse: harriers didn't manage  a single shot at goal in the first 45 minutes.  The hosts had a couple of chances that fell to Richard Cooper and Darren Dunning before their best chance of the half when a looping header by Jon Parkin was plucked out of the air by Stuart Brock just under the crossbar.

Early in the second period Harriers almost took a surprise lead when a right wing Craig Hinton cross was missed completely by Mark Ovendale in the City goal and hit Andy White in the chest at the far post and fell harmlessly into the side netting.  York took the lead after 51 minutes when Darren Edmondson found himself in acres of space on the right and was able to cross low into the goalmouth where Lee Nogan, also in acres of space, turned the ball goalwards.  Brock managed to get a hand on the shot but only pushed it into the path of Lee Bullock who could not miss from just a few yards out.

York took a greater grip on the game and within minutes almost doubled their advantage when Cooper crossed from the left for Jon Shaw who glanced his header wide of the far post.  Before Harriers had had a chance to regroup Nogan hit a 20-yard drive straight at Brock.  Twenty minutes from the end Dunning tried his luck from distance and blasted a shot wide from 25 yards.

Harriers had a brief spell of pressure late in the game and forced a series of corners when first a Scott Stamps shot was deflected away and then a Dean Bennett 25-yarder was deflected only just over the bar by Parkin.  Harriers finally managed a shot on target in the last minute, that would have snatched an unexpected point, when Stamps' corner from the right found Matt Gadsby at the far post and his volley was cleared off the line by Parkin and then Adie Smith hit the loose ball wide.

Valid CSS Valid XHTML 1.0