Kidderminster Harriers 1(1) v (0)1 Altrincham

Football Conference National - Aggborough - 26 December 2005

Attendance: 2206

Individual Stats
v Altrincham
Daniel Lewis 50(1)0000[13/1]Stuart Coburn 50(1)0000
Patrick Flynn 600100[2]Stephen Aspinall 610220
Wayne Hatswell 500120[5/3]Christian Adams 500010
Mark Jackson 50031(p)0[4/15]Peter Band 600210
Johnny Mullins 502020[24/4]Mark Maddox 50013(1p,1h)0
Terry Fleming 700010[8/14]Lewis Chalmers 500010
Simon Heslop 600120[23/37]Gerard Murphy 502000
Russ Penn 501020[20/30]Steve Bushell 500110
Iyseden Christie 82(1)1221[9/10]Rod Thornley 502222
Lee Thompson 501211[10/9]Colin Little 51(1)0121
Michael Blackwood 601201[11/12]Warren Peyton 500210
Daryl Burgess     [6/7]Colin Potts 501210
Gareth Sheldon 501110[14/19]James Robinson     
Taiwo Atieno 50001(h)0[18/20]Kieran Lugsden 5011(p)00
Gavin Hurren     [21]Stephen Rose 500000
John Danby     [1/28]Patrick McFadden     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster Altrincham
23Iyseden ChristiePenalty80Stephen AspinallPenalty
FlynnJackson MullinsHatswell
HeslopPenn FlemingBlackwood
 Christie Thompson 
AspinallBand MaddoxAdams
MurphyBushell ChalmersPeyton
 Thornley Little 
Kidderminster Altrincham
69SheldonBlackwoodSheldon to left midfield.63PottsChalmersPotts to right midfield, Murphy to left midfield, Peyton to right central midfield, Bushell to left central midfield.
76AtienoThompsonAtieno to striker.63LugsdenThornleyLugsden to striker.
    85RoseAspinallRose to right back.
Kidderminster Altrincham
Mullins 86 Foul
Hatswell 90+ Foul
 Maddox 28 Foul
Adams 55 Foul
Referee: Rob Shoebridge (Derbyshire)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers' inability to finish off their opponents saw them throw away two points in a stereotypical game of two halves.

Once again unchanged, Harriers could not match their performance levels of the previous two cup matches and the game soon became a dour affair.  Although on top it took Harriers until midway through the first half to open the scoring; Simon Heslop's cross from the right was handled by Altrincham skipper Mark Maddox in the penalty area and Iyseden Christie stepped forward to notch his thirteenth goal of the season, sending keeper Stuart coburn the wrong way from the spot.  In an otherwise quiet first half, in which Altrincham barely got out of their own half, Harriers only other clear opportunity fell to Michael Blackwood who shot high and wide after Terry Fleming and Christie had combined to create the opening for him.

The second half was considerably worse than the first and Harriers were given a scare moments after it had started when they only just managed to clear the danger after a scramble in their own goalmouth.  Fleming did well to pick out Blackwood with a defence-splitting pass but Blackwood's first touch was poor and Peter Band was able to clear.

Johnny Mullins had a great opportunity to increase the lead ten minutes into the half; Lee Thompson was brought down on the right and from the free kick Fleming found Mullins unmarked at the far post but he headed wide across the face of goal.  Christie found Heslop on the right who had a clear run at goal, he overhit his cross to the far post for Blackwood who had to retrieve it, his cross was half cleared to Russ Penn who fired over the bar from 20 yards out.

As the game wore on Harriers created less and less and the visitors began to get themselves into the game.  They should have drawn level 18 minutes from the end when a cross from the right found Colin Little unmarked but he headed straight at Danny Lewis.  It was almost inevitable that Altrincham should equalise and eleven minutes from the end the goal came; substitute Kieran Lugsden was brought down by Mark Jackson and from the penalty spot Stephen Aspinall beat Lewis despite the keeper guessing correctly and diving to his left and almost reaching the shot.

Harriers had one last chance to win the game in the last minute, Gareth Sheldon's throw from the left was flicked on by Hatswell to the far post where Christie was denied by a great reaction save from Coburn who didn't have time to see the shot coming and pushed the ball away for a corner.