Morecambe 2(1) v (0)0 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Christie Park - 11 March 2006

Attendance: 1662

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Steven Drench 500000[30/1]John Danby 400100
John Hardiker 500100[24]Johnny Mullins 501200
Michael Howard 500000[4/5]Jonny Harkness 500110
Chris Blackburn 501410[14/21]Gavin Hurren 501100
Darran Kempson 600000[12/6]Daryl Burgess 500010
Ged Brannan 500300[25/8]Terry Fleming 500120
Garry Thompson 501200[11/15]Simon Russell 500000
David Perkins 500130[3/20]Russ Penn 600410
Danny Carlton 50012(1h)0[15/14]Gareth Sheldon 501030
Stuart Barlow 501012[19/10]Lee Thompson 500020
Michael Twiss 610030[7/11]Michael Blackwood 500010
Wayne Curtis 610101[9]Cayne Hanley 500010
Adriano Rigoglioso 500010[10/12]Laurie Wilson 501010
Lee Dodgson     [16/17]Wayne Graves     
Garry Hunter 500000[17/18]Francino Francis 500000
Scott Davies     [13]Daniel Lewis     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Morecambe Kidderminster
32Michael Twiss    
86Wayne Curtis    
HardikerBlackburn KempsonHoward
ThompsonPerkins BrannanTwiss
 Carlton Barlow 
MullinsHurren BurgessHarkness
RussellPenn FlemingBlackwood
 Sheldon Thompson 
Morecambe Kidderminster
68CurtisBarlowCurtis to left midfield, Twiss to striker.64HanleySheldonHanley to striker.
77RigogliosoCarltonRigoglioso to striker.64FrancisThompsonFrancis to striker.
87HunterPerkinsHunter to left central midfield, Brannan to right central midfield.75WilsonFlemingWilson to left central midfield.
Morecambe Kidderminster
Perkins 44 Foul
Carlton 57 Unsporting Behaviour
 Hurren 14 Unsporting Behaviour 
Referee: Andy Haines (Tyne & Wear)
Match Report by St@tto

Sharpness in front of goal was the difference between the teams as Harriers were beaten by a goal in each half from play-off chasing Morecambe.

Terry Fleming returned from suspension to take the place of Jake Sedgemore in the midfield, but offered no creativity, and Michael Blackwood came in to the side pushing Gareth Sheldon forward to replace Andy White who had been recalled from loan by Notts County.

Surprisingly, given Morecambe's position in the league, they were not that much better than Harriers, but the game was not too exciting and had the air of an end-of-season encounter about it in much the same way Harriers' last game at Forest Green had.  There was little goalmouth incident and it was not until midway through the half that Harriers created the best chance of opening the scoring; an excellent crossfield pass from Jonny Harkness found Lee Thompson in the inside right channel who broke clear but rather than shooting himself rolled the ball square to Sheldon who was slow to react with an open goal at his mercy and allowed Chris Blackburn to clear.  Gavin Hurren also had a chance but headed wide at the far post from Harkness' left-wing corner.  Morecambe took the lead just after half an hour when Harriers failed to deal with Stuart Barlow's low cross from the right and Michael Twiss was able to drill a low shot past John Danby into the bottom corner of the net.

The Shrimps could have doubled their advantage early in the second half when Garry Thompson's free kick from deep on the left found Blackburn at the far post but he headed over.  Harriers had a fair proportion of the possession in the second half but were unable to break down a well-drilled home defence.  The introduction of youngsters Francino Francis and Cayne Hanley did little to improve Harriers' fortunes in front of goal although in truth they, like Thompson and Sheldon before them, were not given the service from midfield with neither Russ Penn or Fleming being creative players and wingers blackwood and Simon Russell not getting into the game enough.

The game was put beyond Harriers' reach five minutes from time when Twiss slipped the ball through to substitute Wayne Curtis who was left in acres of space to fire across Danby from the edge of the penalty area to the far post.