Kidderminster Harriers 0(0) v (0)0 Stevenage Borough

Football Conference National - Aggborough - 1 April 2006

Attendance: 1490

Individual Stats
v Stevenage
Daniel Lewis 70(3)0100[13/1]Alan Julian 60(1)0100
Johnny Mullins 700100[24/25]Ronnie Henry 500200
Michael Blackwood 501020[11/3]Justin Gregory 600210
Daryl Burgess 400020[6/5]Jason Goodliffe 500100
Simon Rea 610100[4/21]Luke Oliver 51(1)0200
Gavin Hurren 600110[21/9]Dino Maamria 50013(1h)0
Jake Sedgemore 500200[7/2]Michael Warner 500000
Terry Fleming 600110[8/10]Adam Miller 510431
Jon Newby 51(1)1130[23/20]Jon Nurse 502320
Luke Reynolds 500121[9/27]Darryn Stamp 500001
Russ Penn 600130[20/11]George Boyd 62(2)3110
Jonny Harkness 500000[5/4]Robert Quinn     
Lee Thompson     [10/12]Robert Duffy     
Gareth Sheldon 501020[14/22]Jefferson Louis 501000
Simon Russell 500000[15/23]Simon Weatherstone     
John Danby     [1/31]Shane Gore     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Mullins Fleming Blackwood
 Sedgemore Penn 
 Newby Reynolds 
HenryGoodliffe OliverGregory
WarnerMiller MaamriaBoyd
 Nurse Stamp 
Kidderminster Stevenage
37SheldonReynoldsSheldon to striker.76LouisStampLouis to striker.
72 BurgessMullins to right central defender, Penn to right central midfield, Sedgemore to right midfield, Fleming to left central midfield, Blackwood to left midfield.  Now 3-4-2.    
78RussellNewbyRussell to right central midfield, Penn to left central midfield, Fleming to defensive midfield, Blackwood to left wing back, Sedgemore to right wing back.  Now 3-5-1.     
90+HarknessBlackwoodHarkness to left wing back.    
Kidderminster Stevenage
Burgess 61 Foul
Newby 67 Foul
Burgess 72 Professional Foul  
Referee: Graham Horwood (Berkshire)
Match Report by St@tto

Ten-man Harriers gave a much more solid performance to hold high-flying Stevenage to a goalless draw and stop the rot of the humiliations of the previous two home games.

As expected Mark Yates made a number of changes to the side with John Danby, Jonny Harkness, Simon Russell and Gareth Sheldon all dropped in favour of Daniel Lewis, Gavin Hurren, Jake Sedgemore and Luke Reynolds.  There was also a change in formation with three centre backs and Johnny Mullins and Michael Blackwood used as wing backs.  The recall of Reynolds was a gamble that didn't pay-off, however, as he was still carrying the injury that he picked up in the game against Hereford and limped off before half time.

Harriers were given an early scare when a free kick from the left found Luke Oliver at the far post, his towering header was tipped away by Lewis only as far as Jon Nurse who screwed his follow up shot wide.  A blustery wind didn't help the game, preventing either side from playing any decent football, and there was little action at either end in a dour first half.  Harriers' best chance came in the last minute of the period; Terry Fleming's corner from the left was met by the head of /simon Rea but ex-Harrier Darryn Stamp was on hand to clear the danger.

The second half followed a similar pattern with little action at either end.  After an hour Russ Penn made surging run on the right and fed the ball to Jon Newby who cut inside and fired in a shot that Alan Julian could only parry and Blackwood following up on the opposite flank saw his shot blocked.

At the other end a free kick was only half cleared and Adam Miller's follow-up shot was blocked by Rea at the expense of a corner.  The game swung apparently in Stevenage's favour on 73 minutes when Nurse found himself clear on goal but was brought down from behind on the edge of the penalty area by Daryl Burgess who was given his marching orders by referee Graham Horwood.  Harriers survived, however, as George Boyd's free kick went wide of the far post.  Lewis made a good save late on to keep the scores level, a cross from the right was knocked clear only as far as Boyd who hit a sharp shot back that the keeper did well to tip over the bar.