AFC Wimbledon 0(0) v (0)1 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Kingsmeadow - 3 October 2009

Attendance: 3601

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
James Pullen 60(4)0000[1]Dean Coleman 70(5)0100
Sam Hatton 51(1)1010[7/2]Duane Courtney 500110
Chris Hussey 51(1)1110[3]Lee Baker 601100
Alan Inns 51(1)0100[5/7]Chris McPhee 61(1)0120
Brett Johnson 500200[16/6]Martin Riley 700210
Kennedy Adjei 500020[4]John Finnigan 51(1)1200
Lewis Taylor 502010[8]Dean Bennett 60014(1h)0
Steven Gregory 502000[15/10]Darryl Knights 502100
Danny Kedwell 500041[9/21]Robbie Matthews 501130
Ross Montague 502010[19/9]Matt Barnes-Homer 83(2)002(1h)0
Luke Moore 52(2)0400[18/14]Brian Smikle 601000
Jay Conroy 500100[2/5]Gavin Caines 500010
Jon Main 500211[10/15]Liam Dolman 500000
Derek Duncan 50011(h)0[14/16]Kyle Hadley     
Seb Brown     [13/18]Aaron Farrell     
-     [12]Jasbir Singh     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Wimbledon Kidderminster
  47Matt Barnes-Homer
HattonInns JohnsonHussey
TaylorGregory AdjeiMoore
 Kedwell Montague 
CourtneyMcPhee RileyBaker
Bennett   Smikle
 Matthews Barnes-Homer 
Wimbledon Kidderminster
61MainMontagueMain to striker.87DolmanKnightsDolman to central defender, Finnigan to central midfield.  now 5-3-2.
68ConroyAdjeiConroy to right back, Hatton to left central midfield.90+CainesBarnes-HomerCaines to right central midfield, Finnigan to left central midfield.  Now 5-4-1.
68DuncanTaylorDuncan to left midfield, Moore to right midfield.    
Wimbledon Kidderminster
Referee: Simon Long (Ipswich)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers moved to within touching distance of the play-off positions with their second win, and second clean sheet, of the week after their first ever meeting with AFC Wimbledon.

Mark Yates made one change to the side that had beaten Wrexham in midweek, Dean Bennett coming in for the injured David McDermott while Gavin Caines had to be content with a place on the bench after missing the previous game through suspension.  Blustery conditions made football difficult for both sides, but to their credit both teams did their best to keep the ball down and pass it around.

Matt Barnes-Homer set up John Finnigan with a pass through the inside-left channel after 16 minutes but Finnigan delayed his shot a fraction too long and James Pullen in the home goal was able to save.  Wimbledon counter-attacked and Dean Coleman had to be at his best to tip away a shot from Chris Hussey at the expense of a corner.

On the half-hour a right-wing corner was played short to Darryl Knights; his cross was only half cleared and fell to skipper Chris McPhee who had his shot parried by Pullen.  Barnes-Homer found himself clear on goal but shot straight at Pullen and in stoppage time at the end of the first half Robbie Matthews tried to take advantage of the conditions and hit a lob from beyond 30 yards out that drifted wide.

The deadlock was broken a minute after the interval; Brian Smikle played the ball inside from the left wing to Barnes-Homer on the edge of the penalty area who turned excellently and beat Pullen with a shot inside the far post for his sixth goal of the season.  Wimbledon could have drawn level shortly afterwards; Ross Montague left unmarked headed a cross from the left over the bar.  Moments later McPhee miskicked his attempted clearance and let in Lewis Taylor who blasted the ball over the bar from just six yards out.

In the later stages of the game Wimbledon enjoyed a lot of possession but they were unable to break down a resolute Harriers defence and rarely troubled Coleman.  Harriers themselves weren't really threatening Pullen at the other end either but although the game was becoming focused in the middle of the park it didn't get any less entertaining.

The home team came closest to an equaliser six minutes from time when Hussey's shot from a quickly taken free kick was deflected for a corner.  The corner came to nothing and Harriers were able to see out the game to claim their second away win of the season.