Kidderminster Harriers 1(0) v (0)0 Forest Green Rovers

Football Conference National - Aggborough - 1 January 2011

Attendance: 1370

Individual Stats
v Forest Green
Danny Lewis     [1] James Bittner     
Lee Vaughan     [2] Jared Hodgkiss     
Tom Shaw      [5/6] Craig Armstrong     
Michael Briscoe      [16/5] Luke Jones     
Mark Albrighton      [6/28] Adam Quinn     
Jack Byrne      [11/20] Gavin Caines     
Dave Hankin      [7/19] Yan Klukowski     
Keith Briggs      [8/25] Wayne Turk     
Jamille Matt      [20/10] Ross Dyer     
Chris McPhee      [10/9] Reece Styche     
Matt Blair      [17/22] Bradley Gray     
Aaron Griffiths      [13/3] Scott Bartlett     
Nick Wright      [14/18] Chris Stokes     
Callum Gittings      [18/26] Steve Guinan     
Ollie Thorne      [22/27] Kieron Forbes     
Andy Stevens      [33/30] Chris Allen     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 12 2 7 7 5
Forest Green 7 0 5 3 3
Kidderminster Forest Green
90+2 Chris McPhee  
Vaughan Briscoe  Albrighton Shaw
Hankin Briggs  Byrne Blair
  Matt  McPhee 
Forest Green
Hodgkiss Jones  Quinn Armstrong
Klukowski Turk  Caines Gray
  Dyer  Styche 
Kidderminster Forest Green
46 Wright Matt Wright to striker. 54 Guinan Styche Guinan to striker.
62 Gittings Hankin Gittings to left midfield, Blair to right midfield. 62 Forbes Gray Forbes to right midfield, Klukowski to left midfield.
Kidderminster Forest Green
Vaughan 79 Foul   
Referee: Mathew McLaughlin (Bedfordshire)
Match Report by St@tto

A last-gasp goal from leading scorer Chris McPhee gained all three points from a scrappy match and helped them keep in touch with the play-off places.

Steve Burr made full use of his squad to rotate players in and out of the side, making four changes from the team that had lost to Newport with Lee Vaughan, Mark Albrighton, Dave Hankin and McPhee all coming back into the starting line-up.

Whereas the game against Newport had been an entertaining encounter with both sides adding something to the game this match was very scrappy from the outset and saw just one shot on target in the opening half; Ross Dyer's shot on the turn looked destined for the top corner but Danny Lewis managed to parry it.

The second half was a little more promising; Harriers finally tested visiting keeper James Bittner five minutes after the interval when Nick Wright got clear but his shot was hit straight at the stopper.  At the other end Lewis was called upon again to keep another Dyer shot from heading into the top corner.

Harriers began to get on top but were struggling to break down the massed Rovers defence.  On 77 minutes a poorly-struck Callum Gittings corner from the right found Keith Briggs who saw his shot deflect off former Harrier Craig Armstrong past Bittner only to be cleared off the line by Jared Hodgkiss.

Matt Blair caused the visitors quite a few problems with his pace and even with only five minutes remaining in the game he was still too fast for the Rovers defence, bursting clear before shooting wildly high and wide.  Right at the death Harriers finally made the breakthrough; a Briggs shot was parried by Bittner and as McPhee darted forward to attack the loose ball he was brought down by Adam Quinn, the referee had no hesitation in pointing to the spot.  McPhee himself took the penalty but Bittner dived to his left to keep it out, McPhee was fastest to react, though, and stabbed in the loose ball.