Kidderminster Harriers 4(1) v (0)1 Kettering Town

Football Conference National - Aggborough - 11 January 2011

Attendance: 1036

Individual Stats
v Kettering
Danny Lewis     [1] Nick Bussey     
Tom Shaw      [5/23] Patrick Noubissie     
Mike Williams      [3/11] Marcus Kelly     
Chris McPhee      [10/21] Tom Flanagan     
Tom Sharpe      [15/5] Ian Roper     
Jack Byrne      [11/22] Nick McKoy     
Matt Blair      [17/19] Brett Solkhon     
Keith Briggs      [8/18] Serge Makofo     
Lee Morris      [9/10] Jean-Paul Marna     
Jamille Matt      [20] Iyseden Christie     
Nick Wright      [14/8] Liam McDonald     
Dave Hankin      [7/2] Luke Graham     
Aaron Griffiths      [13/9] Paul Furlong     
Callum Gittings      [18/26] Mark Pryor     
Andy Stevens      [33/29] Charlie Collins     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 11 5 4 11 7
Kettering 7 1 1 5 4
Kidderminster Kettering
11 Lee Morris 60 Brett Solkhon
51 Matt Blair   
67 Keith Briggs   
90+2 Callum Gittings   
Shaw McPhee  Sharpe Williams
Blair Briggs  Byrne Wright
  Morris  Matt 
Noubissie Flanagan  Roper Kelly
  Solkhon McKoy McDonald 
  Makofo Marna Christie 
Kidderminster Kettering
81 Gittings Morris Gittings to left midfield, Wright to striker. 46 Graham McKoy Graham to right back, Noubissie to centre midfield.
85 Hankin Wright Hankin to right wing, Blair to left wing, Gittings to attacking midfield.  Now 4-2-3-1. 61 Furlong Christie Furlong to striker.
90+1 Griffiths Blair Griffiths to left wing. 68 Collins Makofo Collins to right midfield, McDonald to left midfield, Noubissie to left central midfield.  Now 4-4-2.
Kidderminster Kettering
   McDonald 40 Foul
Marna 53 Foul
Referee: Darren Handley (Manchester)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers stormed to their best win for nearly a year, despatching a poor Kettering side with considerable ease and keeping themselves in touch with the play-offs; only goal difference keeping them outside the top five.

Steve Burr was forced to send out something of a makeshift side with 'flu and suspension keeping his choices restricted to a minimum and leaving him unable to name a full complement of substitutes.  Nonetheless his side gave one of their best all-round performances of the season with good individual performances throughout the team.

Harriers needed just ten minutes to take the lead; Jack Byrne who had already made several incisive passes to open up the visitors slid the ball through the inside left channel for Lee Morris to run on to, he took the ball in his stride and stroked it past Nick Bussey in the visitors' goal.  Harriers took control of the game and created a number of chances; Nick Wright fired wide from long range and Matt Blair shot wide across the face of goal having been set up by Byrne.  In the last minute of the half Mike Williams got to the byline on the left and pulled the ball back to Wright who chipped towards the top corner but didn't get enough power in his shot and Bussey was able to hold on to it.

While the score was just 1-0 there was always a danger that Kettering could get themselves back into the game and make Harriers pay for their missed chances of the first half but five minutes after the break Harriers doubled their lead to dispel any nerves. Keith Briggs over-hit a pass to Wright on the left wing; Wright managed to keep the ball in play then cut inside to the byline, his pull back was palmed out by Bussey to the feet of Blair who forced the ball into the back of the ne for his 7th goal of the season.

The second goal was to prove vital as Kettering pulled a goal back on the hour; a free-kick from deep on the left was headed back across goal into the path of Brett Solkhon who swept it past Danny Lewis to give the visitors hope.  Harriers kept creating chances, though, and shortly afterward Man-of-the-Match Morris did some great work on the left to set up Blair, his shot was blocked and after Kettering failed to clear properly Tom Shaw saw his 25-yard follow-up effort held low down by Bussey.

Morris was heavily involved again for Harriers' third goal, creating space for himself on the left wing before crossing to the far post where Briggs rose to plant a firm header past Bussey into the back of the net.  At the other end Lewis was called into action to hold on to a free-kick by Liam McDonald that beat the wall but was fairly easy for the keeper to hold onto.  In stoppage time Harriers completed the scoring with a fine strike by substitute Callum Gittings who curled his low shot round Bussey and  into the bottom corner of the net with the outside of his boot after being set up by another sub, Aaron Griffiths.