Forest Green Rovers 1(1) v (0)1 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - The New Lawn - 25 January 2011

Attendance: 687

Individual Stats
Forest Green
v Kidderminster
James Bittner     [1] Danny Lewis     
Jared Hodgkiss     [2] Lee Vaughan     
Craig Armstrong     [3] Mike Williams     
Luke Jones      [5/16] Michael Briscoe     
Danny Hall      [16/6] Mark Albrighton     
Keiron Forbes      [27/10] Chris McPhee     
Yan Klukowski      [19/7] Dave Hankin     
Wayne Turk      [25/8] Keith Briggs     
Steve Guinan      [26/20] Jamille Matt     
Reece Styche      [9] Lee Morris     
Ross Dyer      [10/18] Callum Gittings     
Scott Bartlett      [3/5] Tom Shaw     
Gavin Caines      [20/11] Jack Byrne     
Liam Enver-Marum      [29/14] Nick Wright     
Chris Allen      [30/17] Matt Blair     
Zak Jones      [21/33] Andy Stevens     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Forest Green 13 1 4 8 4
Kidderminster 13 2 9 7 1
Forest Green Kidderminster
20 Steve Guinan 82 Chris McPhee
Forest Green
Hodgkiss Jones  Hall Armstrong
Klukowski Turk  Forbes Dyer
  Guinan  Styche 
Vaughan Briscoe  Albrighton Williams
Hankin Briggs  McPhee Gittings
  Matt  Morris 
Forest Green Kidderminster
71 Enver-Marum Guinan Enver-Marum to striker. 58 Byrne Gittings Byrne to left central midfield, McPhee to striker.
87 Caines Turk Caines to left central midfield, Forbes to right central midfield. 58 Blair Matt Blair to left midfield.
     72 Wright Morris Wright to striker.
Forest Green Kidderminster
Styche 45+1 Foul
Turk 50 Foul
Hall 90+4 Foul
  Briscoe 40 Foul
Albrighton 61 Foul
Referee: Richard J. Martin (Somerset)
Match Report by St@tto

Leading scorer Chris McPhee came to Harriers' rescue again slotting in his eleventh goal of the season eight minutes from time to earn Harriers a point and keep them in touch with the play-off chasing pack.

To keep the team fresh with a lot of games to play in a short space of time Steve Burr rang the changes and brought Dave Hankin, Callum Gittings and Jamille Matt into the side that had beaten Barrow at the weekend in place of Jack Byrne, Nick Wright and Matt Blair.

In the early stages lowly Forest Green were the livelier team and could have taken the lead on 17 minutes when Reece Styche got free on the right wing, crossing low to the far post where Ross Dyer was unmarked but his shot was well saved by Danny Lewis, pushing it round the post for a corner.  The opening goal came just three minutes later; Jared Hodgkiss found himself in acres of space on the right wing, his cross to the near post picked out Steve Guinan who powered a header past Lewis.

Harriers' best chance of the half fell to Matt who saw his header from Lee Vaughan's right cross saved by James Bittner diving at full stretch to his right to tip it round the post.  The first half ended in controversy when Styche was booked after a challenge on Lewis which left the keeper with his head bandaged.

After the break Harriers were the better team and after Burr made the double substitution of Byrne and Blair on for Gittings and Matt just short of the hour mark they began to get on top and create a number chances giving the impression that it was only a matter of time before they levelled the scores.

With 20 minutes still to go a good passing move by Harriers ended with Mike Williams crossing from the left to the far post where Byrne headed straight at Bittner.  At the other end Harriers were grateful to Lewis again, saving low to his left from Liam Enver-Marum's shot on the turn.  As time wore on Harriers continued to press and Michael Briscoe saw a shot parried by Bittner and the loose ball was almost turned into his own net by Danny Hall who was relieved to see it loop over the bar.

The equaliser came with eight minutes remaining; Hankin played the ball in from the left to Wright, who was on for the injured Lee Morris, he played it back to McPhee who slotted his shot into the the bottom corner of the net. In stoppage time Harriers should have wrapped up three points; a long ball through the middle set Wright clear on goal, he ought to have done better with his shot but instead fired straight at Bittner.  Wright himself managed to regain possession of the loose ball and work another shooting chance for himself but Bittner again saved and Harriers had to settle for their third draw in four away games.