Bath City 1(0) v (1)2 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Twerton Park- 25 February 2012

Attendance: 676

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Jason Matthews      [17/31] Tony Breeden     
Andy Gallinagh      [26/2] Lee Vaughan     
Paul Stonehouse     [3] Mike Williams     
Mark Preece      [15/16] Michael Briscoe     
Gethin Jones      [5/4] Luke Jones     
Tommy Doherty      [40/24] Kyle Storer     
Scott Murray      [7/11] Jack Byrne     
Joe Burnell      [19/27] Anthony Malbon     
Sean Canham      [27/20] Jamille Matt     
Adam Connolly      [8/10] Ryan Rowe     
Lewis Hogg      [11/18] Callum Gittings     
Jamie Cook      [9/7] Dave Hankin     
Lee Phillips      [10/8] James Vincent     
Marc Canham      [16/9] Steve Guinan     
Marley Watkins      [18/14] Nick Wright     
Chris Shephard      [36/28] Marvin Johnson     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Bath 16 1 4 5 9
Kidderminster 14 5 5 8 7
Bath Kidderminster
88 Sean Canham 17 Jack Byrne
   54 Jack Byrne
Gallinagh Preece  Jones Stonehouse
  Burnell  Doherty 
Murray  Connolly  Hogg
   S. Canham  
Vaughan Briscoe  Jones Williams
  Byrne Storer Gittings 
  Malbon Matt Rowe 
Bath Kidderminster
46 Watkins Doherty Watkins to left wing, Hogg to left central midfield. 62 Guinan Matt Guinan to striker.
64 Shephard Hogg Shephard to left central midfield. 62 Johnson Malbon Johnson to left wing, Gittings to right wing, Rowe to attacking midfield, Storer to left central midfield.  Now 4-2-3-1
65 Cook Murray Cook to right wing. 80 Wright Rowe Wright to striker, Johnson to striker, Gittings to left central midfield, Storer to central midfield.  Now 4-3-3.
Bath Kidderminster
Hogg 2 Foul
Watkins 60 Unsporting Behaviour
Stonehouse 78 Foul
  Vaughan 60 Unsporting Behaviour 
Referee: Richard Wigglesworth (South Yorkshire)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers got their push for a play-off place back on track with a first win in six games that should have been more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.

Bath, who came into the game on the back of a six-game losing streak, looked like a team at the bottom of the league and Harriers dominated possession for much of the encounter.  Despite their early superiority it took them until the 17th minute to break the deadlock; Jamille Matt made a strong run on the left, his low centre was only partially cleared by the City defence as far as Ryan Rowe, who was making his first start, he stabbed the ball forward to Anthony Malbon who saw his shot parried by City keeper Jason Matthews but Jack Byrne was on hand to fire in the loose ball for his seventh goal of the season.

Harriers should have doubled their advantage midway through the half but after Callum Gittings' pass had opened up the City defence Matt dragged his shot wide of the far post.

The second goal came nine minutes after the break; a good build up on the right ended with Lee Vaughan knocking the ball inside to Matt who laid it off to Byrne; his shot from just outside the penalty area hit the far post and rebounded into the back of the net.  Tony Breeden was called upon to make his first real save of the afternoon shortly afterwards when he reached to his right to push away substitute Marley Watkins' shot.

With twenty minutes remaining Harriers should have made the game safe; Marvin Johnson's pass set Gittings away on the right, he broke into the penalty area before crossing low to the far post where Steve Guinan mis-kicked with the open goal at his mercy.

City pulled a goal back with two minutes remaining when former Harrier Sean Canham bundled the ball over the line from close range after Chris Shephard had attacked on the right and drawn Breeden from his goal before slotting the ball past him.  With their confidence boosted by just their third goal in eight games City threw everything forward for the remaining moments of the game in the hope of snatching an unlikely equaliser but the Harriers defence was able to stand firm and keep them at bay.