Kidderminster Harriers 6(1) v (1)1 Kettering Town

Football Conference National - Aggborough - 14 April 2012

Attendance: 1967

Individual Stats
v Kettering
Tony Breeden      [31/12] Laurie Walker     
Lee Vaughan      [2/34] Max York     
Mike Williams      [3/17] Nathan Ralph     
Luke Jones      [4/15] Ashley Westwood     
Tom Marshall      [6] Jerel Ifil     
James Vincent      [8/20] David Bridges     
Dave Hankin      [7/18] Danny Mills     
Kyle Storer      [24/11] Marcus Kelly     
Steve Guinan      [9/25] Charlie Wyke     
Anthony Malbon      [27/29] James Gray     
Nick Wright      [14/26] Ben Ford     
Ryan Rowe      [10/22] Jamie Navarro     
Callum Gittings      [18/23] Pat Noubissie     
Mickey Demetriou      [22/30] Ben Joyce     
Dan Bradley      [30/35] Taras Petranyur     
Dean Lyness      [21] -     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 10 5 4 11 5
Kettering 19 3 3 4 5
Kidderminster Kettering
25 Nick Wright (penalty) 19 Ben Ford
54 Nick Wright   
72 Anthony Malbon   
74 Ryan Rowe   
82 Luke Jones   
89 Mike Williams   
Vaughan Jones  Marshall Williams
  Storer  Vincent 
Hankin    Wright
  Guinan  Malbon 
York Westwood  Ifil Ralph
Mills Kelly  Bridges Ford
  Wyke  Gray 
Kidderminster Kettering
62 Rowe Guinan Rowe to striker. 88 Joyce Wyke Joyce to striker.
73 Demetriou Wright Demetriou to left wing. 88 Petranyur Mills Petranyur to right midfield.
81 Bradley Malbon Bradley to attacking midfield.  Now 4-2-3-1.     
Kidderminster Kettering
   Ifil 76 Foul 
Referee: Kevin Johnson (Weston-Super-Mare)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers' biggest win of the season, and biggest since beating Halifax by the same score at The Shay in 2008, moved them up to fourth place in the league.

Results elsewhere were very kind with Luton, York and Southport all drawing meaning that Harriers' destiny is in their own hands - if they win their remaining two games they will clinch a place in the play-offs; the current run of five wins in a row and six from the last seven games has been perfectly timed to carry the team into the play-off places.

Nick Wright's hat-trick against Newport on Easter Monday earned him a call up to the starting line-up for the first time in seven games as one of two changes to the side, Kyle Storer also returning after suspension to take the place of the injured Jack Byrne.

Harriers started brightly and had the ball in the back of The Poppies' net after 19 minutes when Anthony Malbon headed in from Dave Hankin's cross but he had fouled Kettering player-manager Ashley Westwood in the process and the goal was disallowed.  Moments laster sloppy defending put Harriers were on the back-foot; James Gray's shot was blocked and Ben Ford, in acres of space, followed up to lash the ball past Tony Breeden.

Harriers only needed five minutes to draw level, however, Wright scoring from the penalty spot after Anthony Malbon had been fouled by Jerel Ifil. Kettering had made themselves hard to break down but Harriers could have taken the lead on the half-hour after Wright set up Hankin who saw his long-range shot tipped round the post by Laurie Walker for a corner.

Eight minutes after the interval cracks began to show in Town's defences; from a Kettering corner Harriers counterattacked, Hankin carrying the ball forward before releasing Wright through the inside-left channel into the penalty area before despatching a shot across Walker into the net for his 17th goal of the season.  Just before the hour mark Harriers could have increased their lead but Luke Jones headed over from Storer's free-kick.

The visitors began to collapse on 71 minutes; Hankin was again involved, this time his pass set substitute Ryan Rowe clear on the left who got into the penalty area before rolling the ball square to Malbon who was left with an easy tap-in for his eighth goal of the season.  Two minutes later substitute Rowe made it 4-1 when he headed Storer's free-kick past Walker.

Kettering's heads had dropped completely by now and it was just a matter of how many more goals Harriers would score.  With nine minutes remaining Jones headed in Harriers' fifth, connecting with another Storer free-kick, and in the 89th minute - they didn't quite make it into stoppage time this time - skipper Mike Williams got in on the act and headed in the sixth goal after Mickey Demetriou and Rowe had combined on the left to create the chance.  James Vincent went close in stoppage time, shooting over after a jinking run had created the opening for himself.