Mansfield Town 0(0) v (2)2 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Field Mill - 12 January 2013

Attendance: 2405

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Alan Marriott     [1] Danny Lewis     
John Thompson      [3/2] Lee Vaughan     
Lee Beevers      [17/3] Mickey Demetriou     
Exodus Geohaghon      [33/30] Josh Gowling     
John Dempster      [4/22] Chey Dunkley     
Chris Clements      [14/8] James Vincent     
Louis Briscoe      [11/4] Kyle Storer     
Adam Murray      [21/18] Callum Gittings     
Matt Geen      [10] Anthony Malbon     
Anthony Howell      [13/9] Ryan Rowe     
Lindon Miekle      [7/11] Marvin Johnson     
Ritchie Sutton      [2/6] Mike Williams     
Nick Wright      [12/13] Nathan Blissett     
Matt Rhead      [16/17] Ricky Shakes     
Lee Stevenson      [26/24] Sean Clancy     
Colin Daniel      [31/23] Natha Vaughan     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Mansfield 10 5 11 11 4
Kidderminster 21 3 3 5 5
Mansfield Kidderminster
   21 Mickey Demetriou
   25 Lee Vaughan
Thompson Geohaghon  Dempster Beevers
Briscoe Murray  Clements Miekle
L. Vaughan Gowling  Dunkley Demetriou
  Storer Gittings Vincent 
  Malbon  Rowe 
Mansfield Kidderminster
46 Sutton Thompson Sutton to right back. 71 Clancy Johnson Clancy to winger.
46 Daniel Briscoe Daniel to left midfield, Miekle to right midfield. 71 Blissett Rowe Blissett to striker.
78 Rhead Beevers Rhead to striker, Geohaghon to central defender, Sutton to right central defender. Now 3-4-1-2. 75   Clancy Now 4-3-2.
     88 Shakes Malbon Shakes to striker.
Mansfield Kidderminster
Thompson 41 Foul
Green 73 Dissent.
  Dunkley 63 Foul
Malbon 72 Foul
Clancy 75 Serious Foul Play
Referee: Declan Ford (Leicestershire)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers gave a solid defensive performance to record their ninth win in ten Conference games despite having Sean Clancy sent off.

Kyle Storer returned to the side in place of the injured Keith Briggs while Anthony Malbon came back in to replace the departed Jamille Matt. After an even start to the game Harriers took the lead after 21 minutes; Callum Gittings was fouled just outside the penalty area and Mickey Demetriou despatched the free-kick around the wall and just inside Alan Marriott's right-hand post.

After Malbon had brought a full-length save from Marriott Harriers doubled their advantage; Lee Vaughan picking up the ball on the right inside the penalty area and lashed a shot across the ace of goal into the far corner. The dangerous Matt Green, who had already hit the frame of the goal in the opening exchanges tested Danny Lewis with a free-kick that beat the wall but the keeper was equal to it.

Clearly having had a rollicking at half-time Mansfield were fired up after the beak and enjoyed the lion's share of possession but the Harriers back line were equal to everything that they could muster. Despite creating a number of chances and forcing a lot of free-kicks and corners they never looked capable of getting the goal that would get them back into the game.

Harriers were forced to endure even more pressure for the last fifteen minutes when they were reduced to ten men after Clancy was dismissed following a reckless challenge on Lee Beevers five minutes after coming on as a substitute. Even with just ten men on the pitch, though Harriers could have increased their lead, Gittings firing over after former Harrier Exodus Geohaghon's wayward pass came straight to him.

Victory moves Harriers back up into the play-off positions and leaves Mansfield needing to win three of their four games in hand just to catch up.