Bristol Rovers 1(0) v (0)1 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Memorial Stadium - 15 November 2014

Attendance: 5848

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Steve Mildenhall 60[3]0000[1] Danny Lewis 60[3]0100
Tom Lockyer 500100 [4/8] Marvin Johnson 52(1)1200
Lee Brown 500010 [3/28] Kevin Nicholson 51(1)0000
Mark McChrystal 51(1)0100 [5/6] Chey Dunkley 503010
Tom Parkes 500010 [6/15] Jamie Grimes 500010
Lee Mansell 51(1)1020 [7/30] Josh Gowling 500000
Lyle Della-Verde 71(1)2000 [30/17] Aman Verma 503210
Stuart Sinclair 500000 [24/7] Jack Byrne 501210
Ryan Brunt 500010 [9/13] Nathan Blissett 72(1)1011
Jamie White 500010 [14/10] Craig Reid 503001
Dave Martin 501010 [16/23] Matt Robinson 600100
Ollie Clarke 500010 [8/3] Jake Green     
Matty Taylor 62(1w)1100 [10/14] Ahmed Obeng     
Ellis Harrison 502200 [17/18] Callum Gittings     
Angelo Balanta      [29/20] Tyrone Williams     
Will Puddy      [25/22] Reece Hales 500000
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Bristol 8 0 6 5 7
Kidderminster 5 2 8 5 12
Bristol Kidderminster
82 Matty Taylor 67 Nathan Blissett
Lockyer McChrystal  Parkes Brown
Della-Verde Sinclair  Mansell Martin
  Brunt  White 
  Dunkley Gowling Grimes 
Johnson    Nicholson
  Verma Byrne Robinson 
  Blissett  Reid 
Bristol Kidderminster
46 Clarke White Clarke to left central midfield, Mansell to right central midfield, Della-Verde to left midfield, Sinclair to right midfield. 89 Hales Reid Hales to striker.
46 Taylor Martin Taylor to striker.    
61 Harrison Brunt Harrison to striker.    
Bristol Kidderminster
Referee: Brett Huxtable (Torrington, Devon)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers gave a solid performance at The Memorial Stadium but were denied victory by a leveller nine minutes from time.

With Jared Hodgkiss suspended Marvin Johnson moved to right wing back as Gary Whild changed formation to play five at the back.  Tyrone Williams, back from his loan at Romulus, sat on the bench for the first time this season.

Harriers gave a much improved performance from the midweek defeat against Aldershot; after weathering an early barrage from the home side when Lyle Della-Verde tested Danny Lewis with a shot on the turn that the keeper did well to push away for a corner Harriers got themselves back into the game.

Nathan Blissett became a thorn in the side of the Rovers defence as the half wore on, first winning the ball on the left and shooting low at Steve Mildenhall.  In stoppage time Blissett got to the byline on the left and pulled the ball back to Johnson on the right who saw his shot cleared off the line byTom Lockyer.

After the break Harriers began to get on top and just before the hour mark should have taken the lead when Blissett headed wide of the target from Johnson's cross.  The opening goal came after 66 minutes, Blissett heading in from Craig Reid's left-wing corner.

Shortly afterwards Harriers should have doubled their advantage but Mildenhall did well to push away Kevin Nicholson's 25-yard free-kick.  Johnson then went close with a shot from distance after making a surging run from the back.

At the other end Matty Taylor's header from Della-Verde's cross skimmed the bar before the hosts equalised nine minutes from the end.  The impressive Della-Verde crossed low from the left across the face of the six-yard box, the Harriers defence allowed the ball to run and Taylor arrived late at the far post to guide it home.

In stoppage time Lee Mansell's free-kick almost snatched an undeserved victory for the home side but Lewis managed to push the ball away for a corner.