Grimsby Town 0(0) v (1)2 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Blundell Park - 22 November 2014

Attendance: 3446

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
James McKeown 70[5]0100[1] Danny Lewis 80[7]0000
Carl Magnay 41(1)0120 [6/2] Jared Hodgkiss 600000
Aswad Thomas 500110 [3/28] Kevin Nicholson 61(1)0110
Aristote Nsiala 600110 [22/30] Josh Gowling 500220
Shaun Pearson 62(1)0100 [5/15] Jamie Grimes 600010
Harry Pell 500010 [29/23] Matt Robinson 82(2)0300
Nathan Arnold 61(1)0010 [20/8] Marvin Johnson 73(1)1120
Dan Parslow 500010 [19/7] Jack Byrne 610010
Lenell John-Lewis 63(3)032(1h)1 [14/22] Reece Hales 601010
Scott Brown 61(1)3100 [4/17] Aman Verma 71(1)1320
Scott Nielson 500220 [11/10] Craig Reid 802000
Jack MacKreth      [7/3] Jake Green 500000
Craig Disley 500000 [8/14] Ahmed Obeng 500110
Ross Hannah 500001 [10/18] Callum Gittings 610000
Craig Clay      [16/20] Tyrone Williams     
Jon-Paul Pittman 500010 [18/24] Sam Long     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Grimsby 12 2 2 8 3
Kidderminster 11 0 5 9 5
Grimsby Kidderminster
   2 Marvin Johnson
   49 Jack Byrne
Magnay Nsiala  Pearson Thomas
  Parslow  Pell 
Arnold  Brown  Neilson
Hodgkiss Gowling  Grimes Nicholson
  Byrne  Robinson 
Johnson  Verma  Johnson
Grimsby Kidderminster
57 Pittman Parlsow Pittman to attacking midfield, Brown to right central midfield. 71 Obeng Hales Obeng to left wing, Reid to striker.
73DisleyPellDisley to left central midfield. 78 Gittings Reid Gittings to attacking midfield, Verma to striker.
74 Hannah John-Lewis Hannah to striker. 85 Green Johnson Green to right wing.
Grimsby Kidderminster
Pittman 81 Foul  Byrne 46 Foul
Gowling 55 Foul
Referee: Martin Coy (County Durham)
Match Report by St@tto

Beleagured Harriers gave one of their best performances of the season to beat high-flying Grimsby at Blundell Park.

With just 16 players available to chose from following the departures in the week of Chey Dunkley and Nathan Blissett Gary Whild handed a first start to teenage striker Reece Hales while recalling Jared Hodgkiss who had missed the previous game through suspension.

Harriers needed just 64 seconds to take the lead; Matt Robinson's through ball set Marvin Johnson clear on goal and he curled his strike deftly around the reach of James McKeown in the home goal to record his fourth goal of the season.

The home side, as befitting a side with just one defeat in their last twelve league games, looked strong in the early stages - although Harriers were able to match them comfortably.  Midway through the half Danny Lewis was twice called upon to preserve the Harriers lead, first beating away a shot from Nathan Arnold after Scott Brown had been allowed to run and then saving from Lennell John-Lewis after being set up by Arnold.

At the other end Harriers looked to increase their advantage; Hales shot just over the bar while Aman Verma saw a shot from distance saved by James McKeown and then a move involving Hales and Robinson set up Craig Reid but he shot wide across the face of goal.

After the interval Harriers needed just four minutes to double their lead; Jack Byrne with a glancing header from Reid's left-wing corner.

Just before the hour mark Lewis was on hand again to keep out the home side with an excellent double save, first keeping out Shaun Pearson's close range header and then reacting quickly to block the follow-up shot.

Late on Lewis was beaten by another Pearson header but this time Hodgkiss was well-placed to clear off the line.  Moments later substitute Callum Gittings, set up by Verma's knock down, saw his shot blocked by Craig Disley.