Altrincham 2(0) v (0)1 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Moss Lane - 29 November 2014

Attendance: 1019

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Stuart Coburn 50[2]0000[1]Danny Lewis 70[6]0000
Shaun Densmore 500100[2]Jared Hodgkiss 500100
Adam Griffin 500000[3/28]Kevin Nicholson 600100
Gianluca Havern 501000[5/30]Josh Gowling 500130
Tom Marshall 600400[16/15]Jamie Grimes 500000
Jake Moult 500110[4/23]Matt Robinson 611140
James Lawrie 72(1)1020[7/8]Marvin Johnson 610200
Peter Cavanagh 61(1)0100[25/7]Jack Byrne 500110
Damian Reeves 54(2)2301[10/22]Reece Hales 700010
Simon Richman 51(1)1120[8/17]Aman Verma 61(1)0040
Ryan Crowther 61(1)0010[19/10]Craig Reid 51(1)403(1h)0
Steven Gillespie     [9/3]Jake Green     
Kyle Perry 501210[14/11]Reece Styche 500010
Greg Wilkinson 500300[15/14]Ahmed Obeng 500000
Sean Williams 500000[18]Callum Gittings 500000
Dave Parton     [17/20]Tyrone Williams     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Altrincham Kidderminster
57James Lawrie50Marvin Johnson
86 Damian Reeves    
DensmoreHavern MarshallGriffin
 Cavanagh Moult 
Lawrie Richman Crowther
HodgkissGowling GrimesNicholson
 Byrne Robinson 
Johnson Verma Reid
Altrincham Kidderminster
62WilkinsonCrowtherWilkinson to left wing.61StycheHalesStyche to striker.
70 Williams Moult Williams to attacking midfield, Richman to left central midfield. 81 Obeng Reid Obeng to right wing, Johnson to left wing.
81 Perry Lawrie Perry to right wing. 86 Gittings Robinson Gittings to attacking midfield, Verma to left central midfield.
Altrincham Kidderminster
Peryy 87 Foul
Richman 89 Foul
 Verma 77 Foul
Byrne 80 Foul
Gowling 90+4 Foul
Styche 90+5 Foul
Referee: Ross Joyce (County Durham)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers threw away the lead late on to fall to Altrincham at Moss Lane.

After a scrappy match that had seen two teams cancel each other out had come to life early in the second half when leading scorer Marvin Johnson fired Harriers ahead with his fifth goal of the season the home team levelled through former Harrier James Lawrie and then grabbed a winner five minutes from time through Damian Reeves.

Harriers were unchanged from the side that had drawn with Wrexham in midweek, Reece Styche had to be content with a place on the bench following his return from a loan spell at Tamworth.

The home team did their best to stop Harriers from playing as they wanted and played better than their league position suggested they might.  It was Altrincham who were first to threaten to break the deadlock; Danny Lewis had to be at his best to make a triple save, first from Peter Cavanagh and then blocking follow-up shots from Ryan Crowther and Reeves.  At the other end Aman Verma saw his shot saved by Stuart Coburn after a good turn on the edge ofthe penalty area.

Early in the second half Lawrie was thwarted by Lewis and Reeves saw his follow-up effort cleared off the line by Kevin Nicholson.

Harriers took the lead five minutes after the break, a good passing move culminating with rookie striker Reece Hales feeding the ball to Johnson on the right wing who cut inside before unleashing an unstoppable shot into the far corner.

The lead lasted just seven minutes; Altrincham attacked on the left and Lawrie slotted home from a narrow angle beyond Lewis.

On the hour mark Altrincham could have taken the lead, Gianluca Havern heading across the face of goal from Lawrie's corner on the left.  Sloppy defending allowed the home team to grab all three points with five minutes left when Reeves was allowed to climb unchallenged at the far post to head in.