Forest Green Rovers 2(2) v (2)3 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - The New Lawn - 26 December 2014

Attendance: ####

Individual Stats
Forest Green
v Kidderminster
Sam Russell           [1] Danny Lewis          
David Pipe           [2] Jared Hodgkiss          
Marcus Kelly           [10/28] Kevin Nicholson          
Luke Oliver           [5/25] Jordan Tunnicliffe          
Danny Coles           [26/15] Jamie Grimes          
Sam Wedgebury           [8/7] Jack Byrne          
James Norwood           [7/8] Marvin Johnson          
Rob Sinclair           [19/4] Kyle Storer          
Lee Hughes           [11] Reece Styche          
Jon Parkin           [20/17] Aman Verma          
Elliott Frear           [18] Callum Gittings          
Chris Stokes           [3] Jake Green          
Dale Bennett           [6/10] Craig Reid          
Aarran Racine           [16/14] Ahmed Obeng          
Louis McGrory           [15] Akwasi Asante          
Paul White           [21/13] Joslain Mayebi          
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Forest Green 14 3 4 7 8
Kidderminster 16 3 9 6 6
Forest Green Kidderminster
29 Lee Hughes 34 Aman Verma
39 James Norwood 44 Jack Byrne
    80 Aman Verma
Forest Green
Pipe Oliver   Coles Kelly
Norwood Sinclair   Wedgebury Frear
  Hughes   Parkin  
Hodgkiss Tunnicliffe   Grimes Nicholson
  Storer   Byrne  
Johnson   Verma   Gittings
Forest Green Kidderminster
43 Racine Coles Racine to left central defender. 46 Reid Gittings Reid to right wing, Johnson to left wing.
        74 Asante Styche Asante to striker.
        89 Green Byrne Green to right cenral midfield, Storer to left central midfield.
Forest Green Kidderminster
Norwood 53 Unsporting Behaviour
Parkin 54 Unsporting Behaviour
  Storer 53 Unsporting Behaviour  
Referee: Craig Hicks (Surrey)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers twice came from behind at The New Lawn before Aman Verma lashed in an 80th minute winner.

Jordan Tunnicliffe was brought in for his debut by Gary Whild with skipper Josh Gowling out injured and Verma was restored to the starting line-up in place of Craig Reid as the only changes from the side that had beaten Lincoln City last time out.

The home team started brightly and gave Harriers a seventh minute scare when James Norwood was allowed to run on the right, leaving two defenders trailing in his wake before firing a shot across Danny Lewis that came back off the far post.

Rovers took the lead on 29 minutes when former Harrier Lee Hughes got his head to Marcus Kelly's free-kick and sent the ball looping past the wrong-footed Danny Lewis.

The advantage for the home team lasted just five minutes; Kevin Nicholson's cross from deep on the left found Verma at the far post who rose to head past Sam Russell to record his third goal of the season.  Sloppy defending continued on 39 minutes when Harriers missed a number of chances to clear before Norwood swept in the second Rovers goal.  By the interval, though, Harriers were level again when Jack Byrne stooped to head in from Kyle Storer's ball into the box.

Just before the hour mark Rovers should have taken the lead once again; Elliott Frear's low cross from the left evaded Jon Parkin but found an unmarked Norwood at the far post but he somehow managed to contrive to fire wide with the goal gaping at his mercy.

On 76 minutes Harriers thought that they had the lead as Verma fired in but his effort was ruled out for offside.  Rovers' respite only lasted four minutes, though, as they failed to deal with a corner from the left and when Marvin Johnson lofted the ball back into the penalty area Verma was on hand to fire home.

Rovers threw everything forward in a desperate attempt to get something from the game and almost snatched an equaliser in stoppage time but Lewis saved well to deny Rob Sinclair.