Harriers Drop Two More Points: Harriers 1-1 Boreham Wood
October 6, 2015

Harriers Drop Two More Points: Harriers 1-1 Boreham Wood

A late Boreham Wood equaliser denied Harriers their first win of the season, leaving them rooted to the foot of the table three points adrift of the next team.

Zaine Francis-Angol was brought into the side for his first start and was soon Harriers' hero but not before the visitors had given them an early fright.  A low ball across the face of goal from the right was not dealt with by the Harriers defence leaving Junior Morias at the far post with an easy chance to open the scoring but he couldn't get his shot on target.

Harriers took the lead - for just the fourth time all season - on nine minutes; Joe Clarke's corner from the left was met at the near post by Francis-Angol who guided a header past James Russell in the visitors' goal.

The lead should have been doubled just three minutes later; Tahvon Campbell broke clear through the middle of the Boreham Wood defence but hesitated too long before getting his shot away and Russell was able to save, pushing it away for a corner.

In the last minute of the half Campbell had another chance but once again Russell thwarted him, keeping out his shot on the turn.

After the break Harriers were pushed back by the visitors who looked better in possession, even though they weren't troubling Alex Palmer in the Harriers goal.  The quality of the game dropped off considerably as Harriers looked increasingly nervous of holding on to their lead.

As it was Harriers held the lead for longer then they had all season but they were unable to hold on until the end.  The visitors drew level on 77 minutes; a needlessly conceded free-kick just outside the penalty area was despatched past the wall and beyond the reach of Palmer by Connor Clifford.

Morias, who had wasted a number of chances throughout the game, should have won the match for the visitors with nine minutes left, his shot on the turn beat Palmer but came back off the post.  In a frantic closing few minutes Harriers finally woke up again and pressed for a winner themselves but the closest that they came was Luke Maxwell's shot the he drilled wide.