Straightforward Win Against Strugglers: Harriers 4-0 North Ferriby United
November 21, 2017

Straightforward Win Against Strugglers: Harriers 4-0 North Ferriby United

Harriers moved to within touching distance of the play-offs with a comfortable win against the league's bottom side.

Facing The Villagers for the first time Harriers were quickly on top after surviving a bright opening from the visitors and took the lead in the seventh minutes; skipper Ryan Croasdale's pass over the defence sent Elton Ngwatala away on the left and his low cross was swept in by Joe Ironside for his ninth goal of the season, making him joint leading scorer.

Harriers doubled their advantage on the quarter-hour when Croasdale took the ball around visiting keeper Ross Durrant to slot home.  Ten minutes later Harriers thought that they had a third when Ngwatala tapped in after Ironside's shot was parried but the flag was up for offside.

As Harriers continued to carve open the United defence the third goal was not long in coming; Ironside flicked on Brandon Hall's kick to Ngwatala who rolled the ball past Durrant.

Six minutes before the break Declan Weeks' pass sent James McQuilkin into the penalty area on the right, taking the ball around the keeper he shot just wide.  Within moments, though, there was a fourth goal; Croasdale winning the ball in the inside-right channel before beating Durrant with an angled shot to the far post.

The visitors changed formation at the interval to try to shore up their creaking defence and appeared to have had a rollicking as they came out with more determination to give their seven travelling supporters something to shout about.

Harriers were able to control the game completely knocking the ball around amongst themselves for long periods, leaving the visitors chasing shadows.

On the hour Ngwatala and Ironside carved open a chance for McQuilkin but he fired over the bar.  Durrant came to the rescue for the visitors to keep the score down making a fine double save to deny first Sam Austin, who had been set up by Manny Sonupe, and then reacted quickly to block Ironside's follow-up.