Bradley Brace Seals Win: Harriers 2-1 York City
March 13, 2018

Bradley Brace Seals Win: Harriers 2-1 York City

Dan Bradley's first goals of the season helped Harriers end their three-game losing streak.

An entertaining game against one of Harriers' promotion rivals saw The Reds bounce back to form.  Brandon Hall returned to the side after injury while James McQuilkin came back in in place of the injured Elton Ngwatala.

The visitors took the game to Harriers in the early stages; Jon Parkin shot horrifically high and wide and Alex Pattison found the side netting before the lively Louis Almond stung Hall's palms.  Harriers' first good opportunity came on the quarter hour when Joel Taylor made a good run on the left before feeding the ball inside to Declan Weeks who saw his 30-yard effort pushed onto the post by former Harrier Adam Bartlett.

Bradley tried his luck from distance shortly afterwards, his low shot narrowly wide of the post and then six minutes before the break he was involved again, battling his way into the penalty area only for his shot to be turned into the net by an offside Ryan Croasdale and the goal was not given.

Harriers were keen to shoot from distance throughout the first half and just before the interval McQuilkin had a long range shot saved by Bartlett who saw it late turning it round the post for a corner.

The opening goal came eleven minutes after the break; Manny Sonupe made a good run on the right wing, finding his way blocked h rolled the ball back to Lee Vaughan who crossed deep to the far post where Bradley rose above his marker to head in his first goal for the club since February 2012.

Parkin should have levelled the scores midway through the half; receiving a pas from the left he worked his way into the penalty area creating a great scoring opportunity bur dragged his shot well wide of the far post.

City were made to pay for that miss on 72 minutes with a swift Harriers counter-attack; Weeks carried the ball forward before sending Sonupe clear on the right.  Weeks advanced also to receive Sonupe's pass on the edge of the penalty area and switch to the opposite channel where Bradley was in space with time to slide his shot past Bartlett.

The visitors pressed to get back into the game and substitute Alex Kempster tested Hall with seven minutes to go, the Harriers stopper got down well, though, to save with James Pearson clearing the loose ball.  Deep into stoppage time City pulled a goal back when Sean Newton drilled a low shot into the bottom corner of the net from Kempster's pass but it was nothing more than a consolation.