Kidderminster Harriers 1(0) v (0)1 Yeovil Town

Football League Two - Aggborough - 16 April 2005

Attendance: 4014

Individual Stats
v Yeovil
John Danby 500000[15/13]Steve Collis 70(5)0000
Simon Weaver 51(w)0220[8/2]Adam Lockwood 500140
Billy Jones 71(1)1100[14/3]Michael Rose 501110
Mark Jackson 61(1)0101[28/14]Efe Sodje 500220
Johnny Mullins 500000[6/4]Terry Skiverton 500110
Dean Keates 71(1)0520[11/7]Paul Terry 500320
Bertrand Cozic 500130[21/8]Lee Johnson 502330
Tom Bennett 600150[24/9]Kevin Gall 501110
Chris Beardsley 500230[7/25]Arron Davies 611330
Blair Sturrock 602231[12/11]Phil Jevons 501300
John McGrath 500420[23/6]Darren Way 500420
Lee Jenkins     [2/12]Kevin Amankwaah 5 00000
Abdou Sall     [5/16]Andy Lindegaard     
Simon Russell 61(1)0000[19/18]Bartos Tarachulski 500110
Wayne Hatswell 501030[22/27]Andrejs Stolcers 500000
Mark Rawle     [29/1]Chris Weale      
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster Yeovil
83Mark Rawle 61Arron Davies 
WeaverJackson MullinsJones
CozicBennett KeatesMcGrath
 Beardsley Sturrock 
LockwoodSodje SkivertonRose
Kidderminster Yeovil
33HatswellMullins 59AmankwaahLockwood 
68RawleBeardsley 76TarachulskiJevons 
75RussellMcGrath 87StolcersGall 
Kidderminster Yeovil
McGrath 5 Unsporting Behaviour
Bennett 51 Foul
Cozic 72 Dissent
 Sodje 43 Foul
Way 55 Foul
Referee: R. Beeby (Northampton)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers' five-year spell in the Football League is almost at an end after they threw away two more points at home while chief rivals Rushden were coming from behind to beat Boston United to make the gap to safety for Harriers six points with nine to play for.  Harriers' trip to Boston next weekend could see relegation confirmed, if Harriers are defeated and Rushden avoid defeat then it is all over.

Stuart Watkiss made just one change to the side that threw away two points against Bury in the previous game, Bertrand Cozic returned to the side in place of Simon Russell who dropped down to the bench and most of the pre-game press talk about injuries turned out to be just that.  The performance from Harriers was much better than in the previous two games and they comfortably matched the league leaders in a fairly uneventful first half.

Simon Weaver had to leave the field for treatment to a head injury in the first few minutes and when Yeovil kept possession from the drop ball that restarted the game, Kevin Gall shooting wide, a fracas ensued that earned a yellow card for Harriers' John McGrath.  Johnny Mullins was lost to injury after half an hour, stretching to clear he pulled his hamstring and limped out of the game, and probably Harriers' season too, he was replaced by Wayne Hatswell in the centre of defence.  The first half finally came to life as it drew to a close; Michael Rose chased a through ball into the penalty area but his shot hit Mark Jackson for a corner.  At the other end a right-wing cross was knocked down by Hatswell to Dean Keates whose low shot with his weaker right foot was saved by Glovers' keeper Steve Collis.

After the interval Harriers could have taken an early lead with a Billy Jones free kick 25 yards out on the right that beat the wall but was held onto by Collis.  The visitors took the lead just after the hour mark, John McGrath played a pass, without looking, straight to Aaron Davies who carried it forward through the inside right channel before firing across John Danby into the far corner.

Blair Sturrock should have done better a few minutes later; Jones' corner from the right was flapped at by Collis and fell to Sturrock beyond the far post who hooked it over the bar.  Harriers looked most dangerous from set-pieces with Jones providing some dangerous crosses from corners and free kicks.  Another free kick, from the left, chipped into the goalmouth caused problems for the Yeovil defence, Jackson headed over under pressure from Terry Skiverton.

As the game moved into the closing minutes Harriers finally began to show some urgency, Jones knocked the ball into the penalty area for Sturrock to knock on and Mark Rawle, on as a sub for the ineffective Chris Beardsley volleyed it past Collis to level the scores. Another free kick played into the penalty area met the head of Weaver, his header beat Collis and came back off the post straight to Rawle who could not react quickly enough and was only able to direct it over the bar from six yards out with the net gaping.  Sturrock and Dean Keates combined with the latter slipping a pass through the middle of the Yeovil defence far Rawle who saw his shot well saved by Collis.

At the other end a cross from the right to the far post should have been dealt with by Weaver but he sliced his clearance straight at Lee Johnson but fortunately for Harriers he fired well wide.  In stoppage time Harriers had still more chances to win the game; a Jones corner from the left fell beyond the far post to Russell whose goalbound shot was cleared by the feet of Collis and then Sturrock picked out Keates on the left and continued his run into the penalty area to meet the cross and head over the bar.