Kidderminster Harriers 0(0) v (1)1 Halifax Town

Football Conference - Aggborough - 20 September 2005

Attendance: 1566

Individual Stats
v Halifax
John Danby 50(2)0000[1]Ian Dunbavin 600000
Wayne Evans 500300[2]Steve Haslam 50022(1h)0
Wayne Hatswell 500310[5/25]Jake Wright 500020
Mark Jackson 500110[4/6]Denny Ingram 500100
Daryl Burgess 501150[6/5]Adam Quinn 601310
Martin O'Connor 500000[7/8]Martin Foster 500110
Wayne Graves 500320[17/26]Danny Forrest 500120
Lee Thompson 501011[10/18]Tyrone Thompson 61(1)0000
Iyseden Christie 502152[9/10]Lewis Killeen 610221
Taiwo Atieno 501311[18/11]Ryan Sugden 51(1)0432
Terry Fleming 500020[8/17]Wayne Jacobs 500130
Steve Burton     [3/7]Craig Midgley 500000
Michael Blackwood 500001[11/15]Chris Senior     
Gareth Sheldon     [14/16]Greg Young 500100
Simon Russell 500000[15/20]John Grant 501210
Simon Heslop 500100[23]Justin Bowler      
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster Halifax
   27Lewis Killeen  
EvansJackson BurgessHatswell
 Graves Fleming 
 Christie Atieno 
HaslamIngram QuinnWright
ForrestThompson FosterJacobs
 Killeen Sugden 
Kidderminster Halifax
46BlackwoodO'ConnorBlackwood to left midfield, Thompson to right midfield.  Now 4-4-2.71GrantKilleenGrant to striker.
67HeslopEvansHeslop to right central midfield, Graves to right back.78YoungJacobsYoung to left back, Wright to left midfield.
81RussellAtienoRussell to right midfield, Thompson to left midfield, Blackwood to striker.90MidgleySugdenMidgley to striker.
Kidderminster Halifax
Atieno 34 Foul
Graves 90+ Foul
Hatswell 90+ Unsporting Behaviour
 Ingram 15 Dissent
Haslam 88 Handball
Forrest 90+ Unsporting Behaviour
Referee: M. Harris (Lincolnshire)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers' worst performance of the season so far condemned them to their second successive home defeat and gifted to Halifax three points and their first away win of the season.

After the poor performance against Forest Green on Saturday changes were expected to the team but they amounted to just two: Martin O'Connor returned to the side after shaking off his knee injury and Lee Thompson started alongside him, making way were Laurie Wilson and Gareth Sheldon with the former dropping right out of the squad completely.

A dull, dull game took place between two poor teams who looked as if they had both lost their previous games badly and were too scared to make a mistake.  There was little goalmouth action at either end and the midfield play was scrappy from the outset.  The visitors tested John Danby early on with a poor effort from Tyrone Thompson.  Harriers never tested former Shrewsbury keeper Ian Dunbavin, rarely even getting the ball into dangerous positions, when they did get it forward The Shaymen were able to deal with it fairly easily.  It was one such move that led to the winning goal; the ball was played up to Taiwo Atieno who couldn't control it and Halifax attacked quickly.  The Harriers defence disappeared and Lewis Killeen was able to get in behind to latch onto a ball through the inside-right channel and rifle his shot across the exposed John Danby.

A handful of off-target shots and headers was all that Harriers had to show for a disappointing first half although they had a fair case for a penalty when Thompson was pushed over in the penalty area but referee Lewis waved play on.  In stoppage time the lead could have been doubled when a long ball forward was missed by Daryl Burgess but fortunately for Harriers Ryan Sugden's shot was tame and straight at Danby.

The second half was no better, in fact probably was worse.  Harriers only effort at goal in the whole of the second period came after just five minutes when Michael Blackwood's corner from the right was headed wide at the far post by Burgess.  Just before the hour mark a deep cross from the left by Wayne Hatswell caused some confusion in the Town penalty area, Dunbavin flapped and missed it but before Atieno could capitalised he was halted by a great tackle by Adam Quinn.

In a second half that was truly dreadful as a spectacle Halifax only looked like increasing their lead once; Wayne Jacobs' free kick from the right was headed high and wide by Quinn.  It was a comfortable closing to the game for Halifax who would probably have been happy to pull ten men behind the ball and defend their lead had it not been for the fact that Harriers were so bad that they didn't need to.  The Shaymen left Aggborough with all three points and if they were to win their remaining 33 games they would not have an easier victory.