Aldershot Town 1(0) v (0)0 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference - The Recreation Ground - 15 October 2005

Attendance: 2315

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Nikki Bull 60(2)0000[1]John Danby 50(3)0000
Lewis Hamilton 500000[12/2]Wayne Evans 500100
Darren Barnard 500130[3/5]Wayne Hatswell 500110
Scott Guyett 500000[15/4]Mark Jackson 500110
Matt Somner 500230[26/6]Daryl Burgess 500030
Andre Boucard 52(1)1110[22/7]Martin O'Connor 501130
Nick Crittenden 502110[20/23]Simon Heslop 601410
Gary Holloway 500220[11/8]Terry Fleming 500000
Tim Sills 52(1w)0411[9/14]Gareth Sheldon 51(1)5010
Omari Coleman 63(2)2004[27/9]Iyseden Christie 71(1)3333
Ahmed Deen 500100[18/15]Simon Russell 500000
Tobi Jinadu 500100[6/3]Steve Burton     
Chris McPhee 501000[16/10]Lee Thompson 500001
Ryan Scott 501100[17/12]Laurie Wilson 500010
Steve Reed     [25/18]Taiwo Atieno 500000
Dan Weait     [21]Gavin Hurren     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Aldershot Kidderminster
63Omari Coleman    
HamiltonGuyett SomnerBarnard
CrittendenHolloway BoucardDeen
 Sills Coleman 
EvansJackson BurgessHatswell
HeslopFleming O'ConnorRussell
 Sheldon Christie 
Aldershot Kidderminster
46ScottDeenScott to right central midfield, Holloway to left midfield.68AtienoRussellAtieno to striker, Sheldon to left midfield.
72McPheeColemanMcPhee to striker.72WilsonO'ConnorWilson to left central midfield.
74 BarnardNow 3-4-2.83ThompsonEvansThompson to striker, Burgess to central defender, Hatswell to left central defender.  Now 3-4-3.
77JinaduCrittendenJinadu to left back, Boucard to right central midfield, Holloway to left central midfield, Scott to central midfield.  Now 4-3-2.     
Aldershot Kidderminster
 Barnard 74 Professional FoulHatswell 15 Foul
Burgess 41 Unsporting Behaviour
O'Connor 54 Dissent
Referee: Nick Kinseley (Essex)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers' bottom-club hoodoo struck again for the third time in four matches as ten-man Aldershot escaped with the points from a scrappy match at The Recreation Ground.

Stuart Watkiss made one change to the team that beat Morecambe last weekend, Simon Heslop coming in for the injured Michael Blackwood.  Harriers began the game where they left off against Morecambe and were on top in the early stages and should have taken the lead after just eight minutes.  Iyseden Christie fed the ball through to strike partner Gareth Sheldon who should have done better with a shot that hit Shots keeper Nikki Bull, the ball bounced free into the path of Heslop who wasn't expecting it and he fired over the bar from close range.

The game soon degenerated into a scrappy affair bogged down in midfield with neither side able to create much inspiring football.  Harriers had a couple of lucky escapes around the half-hour mark as first Daryl Burgess missed a ball through the middle of the Harries defence allowing Omari Coleman in behind but he shot straight at John Danby and then Andre Boucard tried his luck from distance but curled his shot wide to Danby's left.  Aldershot finished the half the stronger side and went close again in the closing moments when Ahmed Deen's crossfield pass picked out Nick Crittenden on the right wing whose cross to the far post was headed across the face of goal by Coleman.

The second half was just as scrappy; the home team took the lead on 63 minutes with a goal that Harriers will not be happy with.  Boucard's shot from distance was parried by Danby but no Harriers defenders were quick enough to clear and Tim Sills' header from the rebound was headed over the line by Coleman.

Harriers did wake themselves up a little once they were behind but were not able to turn their possession into good chances or their chances into goals.  After Mark Jackson had miscued a clearance to Chris McPhee who shot into the side netting Harriers looked to have created their best chance of the half when Christie was set free through the middle of the Shots' defence but he was crudely brought down from behind just outside the penalty area by Darren Barnard and referee Kinseley had no hesitation in sending him off.  From the resultant free kick Sheldon hit his shot against the wall and Aldershot cleared.

Despite playing against ten men for the last fifteen minutes Harriers could not impose themselves on the game and in stoppage time almost went further behind when Sills turned and shot from 20 yards out only to see his effort crash back off the crossbar.  At the death Harriers could have equalised but Christie headed wide from Wayne Hatswell's deep left-wing cross.