Kidderminster Harriers 0(0) v (0)0 Burton Albion

Football Conference National - Aggborough - 27 March 2007

Attendance: 1165

Individual Stats
v Burton
Steve Taylor 70(4)0000[13/30]Kevin Poole 70(3)0100
Jeff Kenna 700010[2/17]John Brayford 600100
Jonny Harkness 600110[3]Aaron Webster 61(1)0020
Stuart Whitehead 500100[6/7]Darren Stride 600210
Mark Creighton 600030[5/6]Ryan Austin 500210
Gavin Hurren 700100[4/19]Daniel Holmes 510110
Simon Russell 700200[15/28]Alex Nicholls 500000
Russ Penn 500000[16/22]Paul Carden 500210
Iyseden Christie 61(1)5132[22/9]Daryl Clare 61(1)1001
Luke Reynolds 711120[14/16]Jon Shaw 52(1,1w)0112
Michael Blackwood 62(2)1010[11]Keith Gilroy 500100
Jake Sedgemore     [7/4]Andy Corbett 601100
Gary Hay 500011[10/5]Darren Tinson     
Brian Smikle     [18/10]Andy Ducros     
Glenn Wilson     [21/14]Shaun Harrad 500000
Jon Brady 500000[24/27]Lee Bell     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
KennaWhitehead CreightonHarkness
RussellPenn HurrenBlackwood
 Christie Reynolds 
BrayfordStride AustinWebster
NichollsCarden HolmesGilroy
 Clare Shaw 
Kidderminster Burton
75BradyBlackwoodBrady to right midfield, Russell to left midfield.57CorbettGilroyCorbett to left midfield.
76HayReynoldsHay to striker.70HarradClareHarrad to striker.
Kidderminster Burton
Creighton 34 Foul Holmes 39 Dissent  
Referee: Oli Langford (West Midlands)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers' play-off hopes were dealt another blow as they were held to a goalless draw by local rivals Burton, their third draw in a row, that leaves them eleven points off fifth place.

Mark Yates was able to recall Gavin Hurren and Jeff Kenna who had recovered from injury and was also able to call upon Stuart Whitehead who had had his sending-off in the game at St Albans overturned and his suspension cancelled. The near full-strength team gave a much-improved performance on the previous two games but were still unable to capitalise on the vast amounts of possession that they had or the chances that they created.

Harriers played as well in the first half as they have in any game recently; they should have been in front midway through the half - Michael Blackwood's shot was pushed away for a corner by veteran keeper Kevin Poole and from the resultant corner Luke Reynolds' header was cleared off the line.  Shortly afterwards Iyseden Christie's dummy let the ball run to Reynolds whose pass split the defence open for Christie whose curling shot was pushed away for another corner by Poole.  Late in the half Reynolds' cross to the far post found Blackwood who volleyed wide.

The hard-working Reynolds created another chance for Christie shortly after the interval, his pass setting Christie free on the right but he was closed down well by Ryan Austin who forced him to drag his shot wide of the far post.  The visitors had their best chance of the game when Jon Shaw fired against the crossbar and then Daryl Clare headed the rebound over.

Harriers continued  to press but couldn't break down the visiting defence.  Midway through the half Blackwood got into the penalty area on the left; his shot was straight at Poole who could only parry it into the path of Reynolds but it came at him too quickly and he could only steer it wide.

Former Harrier Andy Corbett instigated the move that should have broken the deadlock in The Brewers' favour, his pass set Shaun Harrad in behind the Harriers defence and his pull back found Danny Holmes but Steve Taylor managed to keep out his low shot with an outstretched leg.  In stoppage time Aaron Webster almost stole a late winner but his looping header from Paul Carden's corner dropped straight into Taylor's arms.