Weymouth 1(1) v (1)1 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Wessex Stadium - 7 April 2007

Attendance: 1439

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Nick Jones 50(1)0000[26/1]Scott Bevan 60(3)0000
Adam Cottrell 51(1)0000[25/21]Glenn Wilson 600202
Narada Bernard 500000[5/2]Jeff Kenna 500210
Tony James 501000[18/6]Stuart Whitehead 500011
Ashley Vickers 500100[14/5]Mark Creighton 500000
Anton Robinson 500120[13/7]Jake Sedgemore 500120
Nick Crittenden 62(1)1400[7/15]Simon Russell 510000
Daniel Phillips 501220[9/4]Gavin Hurren 61(1)2020
Raphael Nade 500123[11/22]Iyseden Christie 500002
Stuart Beavon 51(1)1012[10/16]Russ Penn 500121
James Coutts 502101[6/11]Michael Blackwood 500020
Louis Bell     [8/14]Luke Reynolds 500101
Simon Weatherstone     [19/18]Brian Smikle     
Brian Dutton     [23/24]Jon Brady 500000
Jason Tindall     [24/26]James Constable 501001
Conal Platt     [27/13]Steve Taylor     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Weymouth Kidderminster
21Nick Crittenden 11Gavin Hurren 
CottrellJames VickersBernard
CrittendenPhillips RobinsonCoutts
 Nade Beavon 
WilsonWhitehead CreightonKenna
RussellHurren SedgemoreBlackwood
Weymouth Kidderminster
    50BradyWilsonBrady to right midfield, Russell to left midfield, Blackwood to left back, Kenna to right back.
    56ConstablePennConstable to striker.  Now 4-4-2.
    56ReynoldsChristieReynolds to striker.
Weymouth Kidderminster
  Kenna 90+ Foul  
Referee: Brendan Malone (Wiltshire)
Match Report by St@tto

A real end-of-season game played in blazing sunshine saw Weymouth snap their three-game losing streak and ensure that Harriers have still not won at the Wessex Stadium - their last win in Weymouth coming at their old town centre Recreation Ground courtesy of two Kim Casey goals in January 1986.

James Constable returned to the squad following his three-match suspension but had to settle with a place on the bench while Russ Penn again supported Iyseden Christie in attack.  At the back Jonny Harkness was rested after picking up a knock in the midweek win at Stevenage, Jeff Kenna moved over to take his place at left back and Glenn Wilson dropped back to right back.

Weymouth had lost their last three games, conceding 12 goals in the process, and it looked as though they could be on their way to another beating after just ten minutes when Gavin Hurren lofted a long-range shot over debutant goalkeeper Nicky Jones who had rushed too far out of his goal in a race to the ball that he was never going to win; it was Hurren's sixth goal of the season.

The lead was short-lived, however.  The Harriers defence was statuesque as James Coutts got to the byline on the left and pulled the ball back to the far post where experienced midfielder Nick Crittenden had acres of space and time to fire into the roof of the net.  After this brief ten minutes of action the game didn't develop and it was not until two minutes before the break that The Terras could have taken the lead; Daniel Phillips' right-wing corner found Tony James who steered it wide of the near post.

The closest Harriers came to a second goal was after 73 minutes; substitute Jon Brady made a good run on the left and pulled the ball back to the far post to Simon Russell who saw his shot pushed onto the bar and away for a corner by Jones.  Inside the last ten minutes Stuart Beavon should have done better for the home team, jinking his way through the Harriers defence on the right his shot was weak and easily parried by Scott Bevan.  Weymouth had one more chance with a 25-yard free-kick taken by Crittenden that flew harmlessly over the bar.  At the other end Harriers could have snatched a winner but Constable, clear through on goal with only Jones to beat, decided to try and play in Hurren to his right rather than shoot and over-hit his pass giving Hurren no chance of collecting it.