Kidderminster Harriers 0(0) v (1)1 Woking

Football Conference National - Aggborough - 9 April 2007

Attendance: 1479

Individual Stats
v Woking
Scott Bevan 60(2)0000[1]Nick Gindre 60(3)0000
Jeff Kenna 500100[2/11]Rob Gier 500100
Glenn Wilson 500100[21/29]Adam Green 61(1)0200
Stuart Whitehead 500000[6/5]Tom Hutchinson 500100
Mark Creighton 501030[5/6]Gary MacDonald 600000
Jake Sedgemore 600020[7/8]Karl Murray 51(1)0130
Jon Brady 602101[24/18]Goma Lambu 600110
Gavin Hurren 51(w)5100[4]Neil Smith 500100
Iyseden Christie 700032[22/9]Craig McAllister 500100
James Constable 62(1)0022[26/10]Liam Marum 72(1)1022
Michael Blackwood 51(1)2110[11/3]Daniel Bunce 500020
Gary Hay 500100[10/7]Ian Selley 500000
Simon Russell 51(1)3100[15]Daniel Webb 501301
Russ Penn 50112(1h)0[16/24]Giuseppe Sole     
Brian Smikle     [18/28]Jason Pearce 500110
Steve Taylor     [13/40]James Bittner     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster Woking
   40Liam Marum 
KennaWhitehead CreightonWilson
BradyHurren SedgemoreBlackwood
 Christie Constable 
GierHutchinson MacDonaldGreen
LambuSmith MurrayBunce
 McAllister Marum 
Kidderminster Woking
58RussellBlackwoodRussell to right midfield, Brady to left midfield.60WebbMcAllisterWebb to striker.
62PennSedgemorePenn to left central midfield.72PearceMarumPearce to left back, Green to left midfield, Bunce to left central midfield, Murray to central midfield.  Now 4-5-1.
80HayWhiteheadHay to striker, Wilson to left central defender, Creighton to central defender, Kenna to right central defender.  Now 3-4-3.81SelleyBunceBunce to left central midfield.
Kidderminster Woking
Wilson 90+ Dissent
Penn 90+ Dissent
Referee: Jock Waugh (South Yorkshire)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers slumped to their tenth home defeat of the season, losing to Woking by the only goal of the game despite have the bulk of the possession.

Mark Yates switched the team around again, Russ Penn and Simon Russell were rested, Jon Brady and James Constable returning to the starting line-up, while full-backs Jeff Kenna and Glenn Wilson switched flanks - Kenna returning to the right.  The changes seemed to have had the desired effect in the early stages of the game, Harriers started brightly and were soon attacking .

Harriers had already been causing problems for the Woking defence when Brady got free on the right, his carefully measured cross picked out Michael Blackwood who headed just over the bar.  Shortly afterwards Kenna aimed a through pass at Iyseden Christie whose step-over fooled the visitors and let in Constable but his shot was straight at Nick Gindre in the visiting goal.

Despite having most of the possession Harriers could not break down the Woking defence and almost fell behind on 33 minutes when Gavin Hurren almost turned the ball past Scott Bevan into his own net but the keeper did well to turn it round the post for a corner.  Against the run of play Woking took the lead five minutes before the break; Goma Lambu got to the byline on the right and found Liam Marum with a low cross who tucked his shot inside the near post.

Harriers should have been level five minutes into the second half; Christie set up Hurren who saw his shot strike the post, the ball ran to Blackwood who fired straight at Gindre and then Constable's follow-up was blocked on the line by Tom Hutchinson and scrambled away for a corner.  At the other end a ball through the inside-left channel set Marum away who jinked his way past Mark Creighton before lofting a shot over Bevan but, fortunately for Harriers, onto the roof of the net.

Russell was sent on as a replacement for the subdued blackwood and could have leveled the scores but his shot from the edge of the penalty area after being set up by Constable was weak and straight at Gindre.  Christie and Brady combined to open up the Woking defence late on but Brady's ball across the face of goal ran harmlessly wide as the rest of the Harriers attack was too slow to react.  In stoppage time Penn, who had come on as sub for Jake Sedgemore, managed to pick up his fifteenth yellow card of the season which will see him serve a three-game ban that will be over in time for the FA Trophy final.