Rushden & Diamonds 0(0) v (1)1 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Nene Park - 14 April 2007

Attendance: 1925

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Matt Baker 50(2)0000[1]Scott Bevan 70(4)0000
Jon Ashton 500300[4/7]Jake Sedgemore 600000
Paul Watson 501010[3]Jonny Harkness 62(1, 1w)0120
Jason Goodliffe 500020[16/6]Stuart Whitehead 600000
Chris Hope 50023(1h)0[5]Mark Creighton 62(1w)0000
Tom Shaw 62(2)0110[18/16]Russ Penn 61132(2h)0
Danny Williams 61(1)1000[36/18]Brian Smikle 51(1)0000
Gary Mills 500140[17/4]Gavin Hurren 500230
Simeon Jackson 61(1)2124[12/26]James Constable 500323
Michael Rankine 503003[8/22]Iyseden Christie 500300
Mark Wright 500000[19/24]Jon Brady 610110
Wayne Hatswell 500000[6/10]Gary Hay 500010
Dave Savage 501110[7/11]Michael Blackwood 500000
Lee Tomlin     [14]Luke Reynolds 500010
Lawrence Lambley 500101[35/15]Simon Russell     
Scott Tynan     [20/13]Steve Taylor     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Rushden Kidderminster
   41Russ Penn 
AshtonGoodliffe HopeWatson
WilliamsMills ShawWright
 Jackson Rankine 
SedgemoreWhitehead CreightonHarkness
SmikleHurren PennBrady
 Constable Christie 
Rushden Kidderminster
37SavageMillsSavage to right central midfield.78HayConstableHay to striker.
46HatswellGoodliffeHatswell to left central defender, Hope to right central defender.79BlackwoodBradyBlackwood to left midfield.
63LambleyWrightLambley to right midfield, Williams to left midfield.87ReynoldsChristieReynolds to striker.
Rushden Kidderminster
Mills 26 Foul
Goodliffe 41 Foul
Hope 64 Foul
 Harkness 73 Foul 
Referee: Richard Wigglesworth (Yorkshire)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers' tenth away win of the season came courtesy of Russ Penn's eighth goal of the campaign although they should probably have won by a greater margin.

With the games still coming thick and fast Mark Yates continued to change the side around; Brian Smikle came in for a rare start on the right wing and Jonny Harkness returned after missing the last games through injury.

In the early stages it was the two returnees who should have broken the deadlock for Harriers; an early free-kick by Harkness on the left was whipped in to the penalty area and only just evaded Smikle.  Smikle was then put clear on goal by a wonderful defence splitting pass from iyseden Christie but he delayed too long while trying to decide how to beat the keeper and Matt Baker in the home goal was able to block his shot.  Harkness then went close with a pair of free-kicks from just outside the penalty area, first having Baker scrambling to his left to push round the post and then with Baker beaten all ends up crashed one against the crossbar.

At the other end Rushden's chances were limited; Simeon Jackson should have done better but after outpacing Stuart Whitehead stabbed his shot wide and then ten minutes before the break Mark Wright's right wing corner found Michael Rankine who headed wide of the near post.  The deadlock was broken four minutes before the break, however, Jon Brady took a free-kick from near the byline on the left and pulled the ball back into the path of Penn who drilled a 20-yard shot past Baker and just inside his right-hand post.

After the break Rushden came back into the game more and had more possession but Harriers' defence was strong and rarely looked like being breached.  It was 15 minutes from the end before the hosts really threatened as they became more desperate to get back into the match.  Jackson's shot from just outside the penalty area was parried by Scott Bevan but Whitehead was quick to react and blocked Rankine before he could get a shot in.  Shortly afterwards Bevan made the best save of the day, Jackson pulled the ball back from the byline to Tom Shaw but his shot from the edge of the area was pushed onto the post by Bevan.  Late in the game Harriers could have made the result safe, Harkness' free-kick from deep on the left found Mark Creighton who headed against the crossbar.