Kidderminster Harriers 0(0) v (1)1 Morecambe

Football Conference National - Aggborough - 21 April 2007

Attendance: 1654

Individual Stats
v Morecambe
Scott Bevan 5 0(1)001(p)0[1] Steven Drench 6 0(1)0000
Jeff Kenna 5 01210[2] Adam Yates 5 00200
Michael Blackwood 6 00130 [11/25] Danny Adams 6 00110
Stuart Whitehead 5 00000 [6/17] Chris Blackburn 5 00200
Mark Creighton 5 00200[5] Jim Bentley 5 01100
Gavin Hurren 5 00010 [4/12] Ged Brannan 5 1(1)1210
Brian Smikle 6 1(1)0010 [18/32] Neil Sorvel 5 00100
Jake Sedgemore 6 01120 [7/11] Garry Thompson 7 3(1)13(1p)13
James Constable 5 01234 [26/15] Danny Carlton 5 02146
Iyseden Christie 6 00100 [22/18] Paul Lloyd 5 01101
Simon Russell 5 02000 [15/6] Craig Stanley 5 01120
Gary Hay       [10/4] Michael Howard      
Luke Reynolds 5 00010 [14/16] David McNiven      
Michael McGrath 5 00020 [17/24] Fraser McLachlan      
Jon Brady       [24/26] Jamie Burns 5 00000
Steve Taylor 5 0(1)0000 [13/30] Scott Davies      
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 15 4 3 1 5
Morecambe 9 10 8 4 7
Kidderminster Morecambe
    42 Garry Thompson Penalty
Kenna Whitehead   Creighton Blackwood
Smikle Sedgemore   Hurren Russell
  Constable   Christie  
Yates Blackburn   Bentley Adams
  Sorvel Brannan Stanley  
Thompson     Lloyd
Kidderminster Morecambe
42 Taylor Russell Taylor to goalkeeper, Constable to left midfield.  Now 4-4-1. 90+ Burns Carlton Burns to left wing, Lloyd to right wing, Thompson to striker.
46   Constable to striker, Sedgemore to left central midfield, Hurren to right central midfield, Smikle to attacking midfield.  Now 4-3-2.    
73 Reynolds Christie Reynolds to striker.    
79 McGrath Smikle McGrath to attacking midfield.    
Kidderminster Morecambe
  Bevan 40 Professional Foul Brannan 85 Time Wasting  
Referee: Andrew Rodda (Exeter)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers' disappointing home campaign came to an end with another defeat, the eleventh, and another failure to score, the twelfth.

Despite Mark Yates fielding the strongest team available to him, Russ Penn and Jonny Harkness the only ones missing as they were suspended, his team managed to serve up another 90 minutes of dross against a team who were far more interested in getting a result.  Morecambe had the best of the game from the start, they new that a win would all but clinch a play-off spot; Harriers minds still seemed fixed firmly on Wembley.

The visitors created numerous chances to score in the first half, not afraid to shoot on sight or from distance, and went close to opening the scoring with a Danny Carlton lob and Craig Stanley 25-yard shot.  Surprisingly it took until five minutes before the break for them to break the deadlock; the Harriers defence was static as the ball was slipped through for Garry Thompson to run on to, Scott Bevan was slow to react and brought him down as he knocked the ball round him.  Referee Andrew Rodda had no hesitation in pointing to the spot and, as he was the last defender, Bevan was shown the red card.  Simon Russell was sacrificed to bring on Steve Taylor in goal and his first job was to pick Thompson's penalty out of the back of the net.

The game followed a similar pattern in the second half; by the time Harriers finally managed to get a shot on target - Brian Smikle's effort was weak and took a deflection that made it an easy save for Steven Drench - Morecambe could have been further ahead: Thompson's shot on the turn was well tipped away by Taylor at the expense of a corner; from a Thompson corner Jim Bentley was allowed a free header that flew across the face of goal.  The game ebbed away with no spark from the home team and what had been intended to be a show for the fans turned into a damp squib and comfortable victory for the visitors..