Crawley Town 0(0) v (0)0 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Broadfield Stadium - 28 April 2007

Attendance: 1664

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Ben Hamer 500000 [1/13] Steve Taylor 70(2)0000
Ben Judge 600010 [2/24] Jon Brady 70011(h)0
Ronnie Bull 500110 [6/11] Michael Blackwood 500000
Magnus Okuonghae 500110 [5/6] Stuart Whitehead 600010
David Woozley 500010 [26/5] Mark Creighton 601020
Dannie Bulman 501020 [17/7] Jake Sedgemore 500000
Tony Scully 51(1)1000 [11/14] Luke Reynolds 501012
Lee Blackburn 501120 [8/16] Russ Penn 600300
Lloyd Blackman 501300 [20/10] Gary Hay 50112(1h)1
Elliott Benyon 500101 [21/17] Michael McGrath 700330
Steve Evans 61(1)2010 [16/19] Scott Eaton 500100
Scott Hiley 500000 [4] Gavin Hurren 600000
Marcus Richardson 501101 [9/15] Simon Russell 500100
Scott Rendell      [10/20] Neil Howarth     
Tyrone Berry 500020 [14/22] Iyseden Christie 500100
Rob Tolfrey      [22/1] Scott Bevan     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Crawley 11 2 4 2 7
Kidderminster 10 3 2 0 3
Judge Okuonghae  Woozley Bull
Scully Blackburn  Bulman Evans
  Blackman  Benyon 
Brady Whitehead  Creighton Blackwood
Reynolds Penn McGrath Sedgemore Eaton
Crawley Kidderminster
46 Hiley Bull Hiley to left back. 31 Hurren Blackwood Hurren to left back.
59 Richardson Blackman Richardson to striker. 63 Russell Eaton Russell to right midfield, Reynolds to striker, McGrath to left midfield.  Now 4-4-2.
80 Berry Evans Berry to left midfield. 79 Christie Hay Christie to striker.
Crawley Kidderminster
Referee: Darren Sheldrake (West Moseley)
Match Report by St@tto

The curtain finally came down on Harriers' Conference campaign with another dull, goalless, draw, their fourth failure to find the net in a row.

Nonetheless, the point was enough to lift them into the top ten in the league, leapfrogging over Weymouth who lost their final game.  To protect his key players ahead of the FA Trophy final Mark Yates fielded a side with several fringe players, there were rare starts for Luke Reynolds, Gary Hay and Michael McGrath and a first start for Scott Eaton.  There was also a change of formation with Hay deployed in a lone striker role and five men strung across the midfield.

In brilliant sunshine the game was played like a pre-season friendly; the home team had the best of the possession as they still had something to play for needing a point to ensure they avoided relegation.  The home team could have taken the lead midway through the first half when Harriers failed to clear a free kick and in the ensuing scramble Stuart Whitehead hacked the ball off the line.  At the other end it was five minutes before the break until Harriers threatened; a long ball from McGrath was well controlled by Hay but his shot on the turn from 30 yards out went well wide.  Tony Scully went close at the end of the half, chasing onto a through ball he held off Gavin Hurren before shooting wide.  Harriers' best chance of the half came in stoppage time; Russ Penn carried the ball forward before passing to Reynolds who fired over the bar.

After the break the game slowed down even more although Steve Taylor had to be alert to save at the feet of Steve Evans who had beaten the offside trap and outpaced the Harriers defence.  The best that Harriers could offer was a Mark Creighton header that landed on the roof of the net; they will be happy, however, that they got through the game with no further injuries or sendings-off ahead of their Cup Final at Wembley.