Kidderminster 2(0) v (1)2 Weymouth

After Extra-Time, Score at 90 minutes: 2-2, Weymouth win 3-0 on penalties

FA Trophy Round 2 Replay - Aggborough - 22 January 2008

Attendance: 994

Individual Stats
v Weymouth
Scott Bevan 6 0(4) 0 0 0 0 [1/17] Jason Matthews 6 0(5) 0 0 0 0
Jeff Kenna 6 1 1 3 2 0[2] Kyle Critchell 5 0 0 2 1 0
Michael Blackwood 5 0 0 1 1 0 [11/3] Trevor Challis 5 1 0 0 1 0
Stuart Whitehead 5 0 0 0 1 0 [6/26] Joel Kitamarike 5 0 0 1 3 0
Mark Creighton 5 1(1) 1 1 2 0 [5/28] Bondz N'Gala 5 0 0 0 1 0
Andy Ferrell 6 0 1 1 2 0 [17/4] Marcus Browning 5 0 0 2 1 0
Simon Russell 6 2(1) 0 2 0 0 [7/8] Daniel Phillips 5 0 1 0 0 1
Russ Penn 5 0 1 0 1 0 [10/22] Paolo Vernazza 5 0 1 2 0 0
James Constable 6 1 3 0 0 3 [8/30] Michael Malcolm 8 4 5 5 1 3
Iyseden Christie 6 2(1) 0 3 3 0 [23/10] Stuart Beavon 5 1 2 0 0 3
Michael McGrath 5 0 0 1 1 1 [15/11] Anton Robinson 5 0 0 1 5 0
Gavin Hurren 6 1(1) 1 1 1 0 [4/6] James Coutts 6 1(1) 0 1 2(1h) 0
Justin Richards 6 1(1) 2 2 2 0 [9/16] Sido Jombati     
Paul Bignot      [18/19] Stuart Douglas 5 0 0 2 1 1
Matt Barnes-Homer      [21/23] Justin Roberts     
Dean Coleman       [13/29] Wilfred Domoraud     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 16 4 11 9 10
Weymouth 16 8 7 7 9
Kidderminster Weymouth
50 Jeff Kenna  6 Michael Malcolm 
71 James Constable  64 Michael Malcolm 
Kenna Whitehead  Creighton Blackwood
Russell Penn  Ferrell McGrath
  Constable  Christie 
Critchell Kitamarike  N'Gala Challis
Phillips Vernazza  Browning Robinson
  Malcolm  Beavon 
Kidderminster Weymouth
41 Hurren Penn Hurren to right central midfield. 68 Coutts Phillips Coutts to right midfield.
69 Richards McGrath Richards to striker, Russell to right central midfield, Hurren to central midfield.  Now 4-3-3. 81 Douglas Beavon Douglas to striker.
106   Christie to left central midfield, Ferrell to left midfield, Hurren to right central midfield, Russell to right midfield.  Now 4-4-2. 109 Roberts Robinson Roberts to striker, Malcolm to left midfield.
Kidderminster Weymouth
   Kitamarike 49 Foul 
Referee: Ian Scarr (West Midlands)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers' hopes of a second successive FA Trophy Final were dashed at the second round stage after a disappointing draw with Weymouth and a shocking performance in the penalty shootout.

Unchanged from the team that had beaten Farsley at the weekend, and looking to record their fourth successive home victory, Harriers were soon on the back foot as Weymouth came out of the blocks all guns blazing.  The lively Michael Malcolm, making his first start for The Terras, fired them ahead after just five minutes; Paolo Vernazza's corner from the right was poor but still made its way all the way across the Harriers penalty area to Malcolm who swept it in at the far post.

At the other end Jeff Kenna went close for Harriers with a free-kick from a little more than 20 yards out that went narrowly over the crossbar and soon afterwards James Constable jinked his way to the byline on the right before pulling the ball back for Simon Russell who saw his shot pushed over the bar by Jason Matthews, the first in a series of fine saves he would make.

The Weymouth attack was too pacy for Harriers' defence to cope with on the greasy surface, time and again Stuart Whitehead and Mark Creighton were caught for pace by Malcolm and his strike partner Stuart Beavon.  Eighteen minutes in a long ball over the inside right channel set Beavon free, his shot arrowed towards the top corner but Scott Bevan got across well to push it away for a corner.  Just after the half hour Harriers were exposed again, Whitehead's slip gave the ball to Malcolm who advanced on goal but shot wide.

After the break Harriers finally began to get their game together and drew level four minutes after the restart.  Joel Kitamarike fouled Iyseden Christie just outside the penalty area and this time Kenna found the target, his free-kick beating the wall and nestling in the bottom corner of the net.  The scores were level for less than quarter of an hour, however, as another defensive mistake allowed the visitors to regain the advantage; a low cross from the right should have been easy for Whitehead to clear but he missed his kick completely and the ball ran to Malcolm in acres of space who was left with an easy finish past Bevan.

The game was more like a cup-tie now, and Harriers drew level again with 20 minutes to go.  Constable picked up the ball in midfield and broke clear of the Weymouth defence before taking it around Matthews and rolling it into the empty net.  Harriers pressed for a third goal in the next few minutes; constable went close with a shot on the turn that flashed over the bar and Justin Richards was denied by an excellent last ditch tackle from James Coutts.  In the last minute a long throw from Kenna was flicked on to Richards whose overhead shot was pushed away by Matthews and scrambled away for a corner.

The game went into extra time; the first period was dead with neither side creating much but the second came to life with Harriers on top.  Kenna and Russell combined on the right with the latter crossing just out of the reach of Constable and Richards.  At the other end Bevan clawed the ball away from the goalline as a low cross caused confusion in the Harriers goalmouth.  Straight away Harriers counter-attacked and Constable had the ball in the net only to discover the linesman's flag raised and the goal was ruled out.  With a minute to go Andy Ferrell picked out Christie whose goal-bound header appeared to be handled by a defender but the referee waved away appeals for a penalty.  At the death Matthews pulled off another great save to push Christie's header over the bar and send the game to penalties.

Harriers' night fell apart in the penalty shoot-out; Vernazza opened the scoring for Weymouth but Christie blasted his kick high over the bar to hand the advantage to the visitors.  Coutts scored to put Weymouth two-up and then Matthews dived to his right to save Constable's kick.  Stuart Douglas scored to take Weymouth to the brink of victory and then Matthews won the game by diving to his left to save from Richards.