Weymouth 1(1) v (1)2 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Wessex Stadium - 20 September 2008

Attendance: 1014

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Richard Barnard 5 0(2) 0 1 0 0 [25/1] Adam Bartlett 8 0(7) 0 0 0 0
Cameron Mawer 5 0 0 2 4 0 [2/21] Keith Lowe 5 1 0 0 0 0
Kevin Sandwith 6 1 1 3 0 0[3] Lee Baker 5 0 0 2 3 0
Scott Doe 5 0 1 0 0 0 [12/6] Luke Jones 5 0 0 0 2 0
Santos Gaia 5 0 0 0 0 0 [16/5] Mark Creighton 5 0 0 1 0 0
Anton Robinson 5 0 0 0 1 0 [8/4] Andy Ferrell 6 0 0 3 0 0
Chris McPhee 6 3(2) 1 1 1 0 [7/16] Martin Brittain 5 0 0 0 2 0
Stephen Reed 5 0 0 0 2 0 [14/10] Russ Penn 6 0 0 2 0 0
Pierre Joseph-Dubois 6 2(1) 1 2 1 0[9] Matt Barnes-Homer 6 1(1) 0 0 1 4
Michael Malcolm 7 4(4) 3 1 0 0 [4/11] Justin Richards 6 2(1) 1 2 2 3
Ryan Williams 5 0 0 1 1(h) 1 [11/14] Brian Smikle 5 0 1 1 0 1
James Coutts      [6/8] Darryl Knights 6 1 0 0 1 1
Sam Cutler 5 0 0 0 2 0 [13/17] David McDermott 5 0 0 0 0 0
Lewis Ironside      [15/19] Sam Foley     
Josh Webb      [23] Michael Bowler     
Danny Knowles      [1/12] Dean Coleman     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Weymouth 12 1 9 10 7
Kidderminster 11 9 4 5 2
Weymouth Kidderminster
15 Pierre Joseph-Dubois  22 Justin Richards 
    90+ Darryl Knights  
Mawer Doe  Gaia Sandwith
McPhee Reed  Robinson Williams
  Joseph-Dubois  Malcolm 
Lowe Jones  Creighton Baker
Brittain Penn  Ferrell Smikle
  Barnes-Homer  Richards 
Weymouth Kidderminster
46 Cutler Gaia Cutler to left central midfield, Robinson to right central midfield, Reed to left back, Sandwith to left central defender. 60 Knights Smikle Knights to attacking midfield, Penn to centre midfield, Brittain to right central midfield.  Now 4-3-1-2.
     80 McDermott Brittain McDermott to left central midfield, Ferrell to centre midfield, Penn to right central midfield.
Weymouth Kidderminster
Mawer 40 Foul
Cutler 89 Foul
  Baker 77 Foul 
Referee: Brendan Malone (Wiltshire)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers recorded their first away win of the season, along with their first ever win at Weymouth's Wessex Stadium, thanks to a massive slice of luck deep in stoppage time.

For the fifth game in a row the in-form Harriers fielded the same starting line-up, the only change from the squad from the win over Oxford was the introduction of Michael Bowler to the subs' bench in place of Dean Bennett.

Harriers were off to a good start and could have taken an eighth minute lead when Martin Brittain's cross from the right found Brian Smikle beyond the far post but he headed back across goal and wide.  The opening goal arrived soon afterwards, but it was the home team that scored it.  Sloppy defending by Harriers allowed Pierre Joseph-Dubois a clear run through the inside-right channel before hitting a shot that Adam Bartlett will have been disappointed not to have kept out.

The lead lasted just seven minutes, however, Mark Creighton's headed clearance found Justin Richards who raced clear of the home defence before slotting an angled shot past Richard Barnard in the home goal to record his sixth goal of the season.  The game was quite absorbing but there was little goalmouth action at either end during the remainder of the half until right at the death when Harriers gifted The Terras a golden chance to regain the lead.  Bartlett fumbled a cross from the left, dropping it at the feet of Michael Malcolm who somehow contrived to shoot wide with the goal gaping open in front of him.

After the interval Weymouth enjoyed the greater share of possession and launched a string of attacks forward forcing Harriers to have to defend stoutly and hit them on the break.  The last quarter of the game saw Bartlett called into action a number of times, more than making up for the first-half error that had almost cost a goal.

Malcolm was guilty of missing several good chances in the second half; Bartlett made two saves to keep him out either side of a good save from Chris McPhee who had been left unmarked at a corner.  On 72 minutes Malcolm went close again with a curling shot from the right-hand corner of the penalty area that went just wide of the far post.  He was next denied by Bartlett who pushed his shot away for a corner after he had been let in by Creighton's misjudged attempt at a clearing header.  From the resulting corner Harriers managed to survive a goalmouth scramble, Bartlett saving from McPhee and Andy Ferrell clearing a follow-up shot off the line.

Late on substitute Darryl Knights sent Matt Barnes-Homer clear on the left with a defence splitting pass but Barnes-Homer's low cross was just out of the reach of Richards arriving on the opposite flank.  With two minutes to go Joseph-Dubois was foiled by Bartlett and the Harriers defence managed to get back and scramble the loose ball away fore another corner.

Nearly two minutes into stoppage time Harriers got out of jail; David McDermott's pass from the left found Ferrell 25-yards from goal, but after shaping to hit it he instead rolled it in to Knights who turned and hit a low shot that took a deflection on the way that completely wrong-footed Barnard and sent the ball trickling over the line into the bottom corner to cause scenes of much jubilation amongst the travelling support massed behind the goal.