Kettering Town 1(0) v (0)0 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - Rockingham Road - 18 October 2008

Attendance: 2010

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Lee Harper     [1] Adam Bartlett     
John Dempster      [6/21] Keith Lowe     
Tommy Jaszczun     [3] Lee Baker     
Exodus Geohaghon      [23/6] Luke Jones     
Guy Branston     [5] Mark Creighton     
Andre Boucard      [17/22] Neil MacKenzie     
Craig Westcarr      [32/16] Martin Brittain     
Darren Wrack      [4/10] Russ Penn     
Chris Beardsley      [9/7] Stefan Moore     
Iyseden Christie      [28/9] Matt Barnes-Homer     
Alfie Potter      [7/14] Brian Smikle     
Nicky Eaden      [2/4] Andy Ferrell     
Brett Solkhon      [8] Darryl Knights     
Jean-Paul Marna      [10/17] David McDermott     
Gareth Seddon      [19/20] Dean Bennett     
Dwayne Lee      [24/12] Dean Coleman     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kettering 14 3 6 6 9
Kidderminster 15 0 6 1 8
Kettering Kidderminster
83 John Dempster    
Dempster Geohaghon  Branston Jaszczun
Westcarr Wrack  Boucard Potter
  Beardsley  Christie 
Lowe Jones  Creighton Baker
Brittain Penn  MacKenzie Smikle
  Moore  Barnes-Homer 
Kettering Kidderminster
69 Seddon Beardsley Seddon to striker. 68 Ferrell Moore Ferrell to left central midfield, MacKenzie to defensive midfield.  Now 4-5-1.
77 Marna Westcarr Marna to right midfield. 78 McDermott Brittain McDermott to right midfield.
88 Solkhon Boucard Solkhon to right central midfield, Wrack to left central midfield. 85 Knights MacKenzie Knights to striker.  Now 4-4-2.
Kettering Kidderminster
Jaszczun 87 Dissent  Baker 80 Dissent 
Referee: Shaun Procter-Green (Lincolnshire)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers' run of three games unbeaten away from Aggborough was brought to an end by Kettering who went to the top of the table for the first time.

Lacklustre Harriers showed one change from the side that beat Ebbsfleet United in their last game, Stefan Moore coming in for his first start in place of Darryl Knights.  That change almost paid off early in the game; the opening ten minutes of the game was quite lively with both teams pushing forward, Russ Penn made a strong run down the left and pulled the ball back for Moore whose shot was deflected over the bar.

The game soon started to become a dour physical battle and the home team began to get on top.  Alfie Potter almost put Kettering ahead on 12 minutes when his shot kicked up unexpectedly in front of Adam Bartlett and it was all he could do to push it away from goal.  Late in the half former Harrier Iyseden Christie found himself in acres of space on the right wing and sent over a cross that John Dempster headed over.

Five minutes after the break The Poppies went close again; a cross from the left was flicked on by christie to Craig Westcarr on the right but Bartlett was on hand to beat away his shot.  Shortly afterwards Bartlett was called into action again to push Westcarr's 25-yard free-kick round the post for a corner.

Midway through the half Harriers managed an attack; Matt Barnes-Homer got into some space on the right and crossed low for Moore but again his shot was blocked, deflected over the bar by Dempster.  That was to be Moore's last involvement in the game as he was replaced by Andy Ferrell as Harriers switched to a 4-5-1 formation in the hope of holding on to the point.  On 72 minutes Martin Brittain took a free kick from deep on the left, his cross to the far post was headed back across the face of goal by skipper Mark Creighton.

Seven minutes from the end the deadlock was broken.  Kettering won a corner on the left, the ball fell to substitute Gareth Seddon whose header was well saved by Bartlett but he could only push it into the path of Dempster who netted with an easy header from about one foot out.