Kidderminster Harriers 3(2) v (1)2 Salisbury City

Football Conference National - Aggborough - 6 December 2008

Attendance: 1325

Individual Stats
v Salisbury
Adam Bartlett     [1/23]James Bittner     
Keith Lowe     [21/20]Sean Clohessy     
Lee Baker     [3]Matthew Robinson     
Martin Riley     [18/2]Jon Bass     
Mark Creighton     [5/17]Djoumin Sangare     
Dean Bennett     [20/12]Ian Herring     
Martin Brittain     [16]Brian Dutton     
Russ Penn     [10/27]Charles Ademeno     
Justin Richards     [11/28]Daniel Webb     
Matt Barnes-Homer     [9/18]Charlie Griffin     
Brian Smikle     [14/33]Robert Sinclair     
Luke Jones     [6/5]Timothy Bond     
Stefan Moore     [7/8]Scott Bartlett     
Darryl Knights     [8/15]Darrell Clarke     
David McDermott     [17/22]Rory Hill     
Chris Beardsley     [25]Luke Ruddick     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster Salisbury
9Justin Richards 45+Charlie Griffin 
30Matt Barnes-Homer 65Brian Dutton 
55Scott BartlettOwn Goal   
LoweRiley CreightonBaker
BrittainPenn BennettSmikle
 Richards Barnes-Homer 
ClohessyBass SangareRobinson
Ademeno   Griffin
Kidderminster Salisbury
71McDermottBrittainMcDermott to right midfield.40BartlettRobinsonBartlett to left back.
80BeardsleyRichardsBeardsley to striker.63RuddickAdemenoRuddick to right back, Clohessy to right midfield, Sinclair to right central midfield, Dutton to left central midfield, Griffin to left midfield.  Now 4-5-1.
90+JonesSmikleJones to defensive midfield, Penn to central midfield, McDermott to right central midfield.89BondHerringBond to left central defender, Sangare to striker.  Now 4-4-2.
Kidderminster Salisbury
Creighton 90+ Unsporting Behaviour Webb 53 Foul
Sinclair 72 Foul
Referee: Stephen Ross (Lincolnshire)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers moved back up to fourth in the Conference with their ninth league home win of the season which was closer than it should have been.

Justin Richards returned to the starting line-up after missing two games through injury while Dean Bennett came in for just his fourth start of the season in place of the suspended Andy Ferrell.  Harriers got off to a great start, taking the lead in the ninth minute when Richards got a touch to Martin Brittain's right-wing cross.  Initially the goal was awarded to City defender Jon Bass but subsequently re-assigned to Richards for his 13th strike of the season.

Harriers dominated the first half and created a number of good chances to increase their lead.  Bennett went close with a shot from the edge of the penalty area that James Bittner in the visitors' goal did well to push away for a corner.  The second goal arrived on the half-hour; Adam Bartlett's long clearance set Matt Barnes-Homer clear on goal, he waited for Bittner to commit himself before shooting past him only for his shot to come back off the post, he was quick to get to the rebound, however, to force the ball over the line.

At the other end Charles Ademeno got to the byline on the right before pulling the ball back to Robert Sinclair who shot wide of the far post.  Harriers continued  to press, though, and a Brittain corner from the right was only cleared as far as Russ Penn whose shot was saved at the expense of another corner.  In the last minute of the half Brittain's pass set Richards clear but he shot at the keeper.  Harriers were made to pay for that miss in stoppage time when sloppy defending allowed Brian Dutton to get to the byline and cross to an unmarked Charlie Griffin who headed in.

After the break Harriers soon restored their two-goal advantage; Richards and Barnes-Homer combined to set up Brian Smikle on the left wing, his cross was turned in to his own net at the far post by Scott Bartlett.  Salisbury lifted their game in the second half and could have got themselves back into the game just after the hour mark; Ian Herring's free-kick from deep on the right found Dutton beyond the far post but his header was saved by Bartlett at the expense of a corner.

The visitors managed to reduce the arrears shortly afterwards; more sloppy defending allowed Daniel Webb to get to the byline and cross to the far post where an unmarked Griffin was able to knock the ball back to Dutton who scored with a looping shot over Bartlett.  Harriers didn't trouble Bittner throughout the half until two minutes from the end when Barnes-Homer received a pass through the inside left channel and held off his marker before hitting a shot that beat the keeper but came back off the far post.