Kidderminster Harriers 2(0) v (1)2 Histon

Football Conference National - Aggborough - 30 April 2011

Attendance: 1496

Individual Stats
v Histon
Danny Lewis      [1/30] Wesley Foderingham     
Matt Lowe      [4/2] Lanre Oyebanjo     
Mike Williams      [3/23] Harri Hawkins     
Michael Briscoe      [16/17] Zac Mills     
Mark Albrighton      [6/5] Remy Clerima     
Tom Shaw      [5/4] Erkan Okay     
Dave Hankin      [7/28] Dee Okodjie     
Chris McPhee      [10/22] Lee Smith     
Jamille Matt      [20/7] Omer Riza     
Keith Briggs      [8/9] Antonio Murray     
Matt Blair      [17/11] Daniel Sparkes     
Nick Wright      [14/13] Elliott Cox     
Callum Gittings      [18] Jim Stevenson     
Dan Taylor      [21/19] Lewis Taffe     
Robert Thompson-Brown      [30/29] Joe Asensi     
Andy Stevens      [33/16] George Lawton     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Kidderminster 7 2 13 7 6
Histon 12 2 4 9 2
Kidderminster Histon
78 Matt Blair 40 Omer Riza
79 Keith Briggs 76 Antonio Murray
Lowe Briscoe  Albrighton Williams
  McPhee  Briggs 
Hankin    Blair
Oyebanjo Mills  Clerima Hawkins
Okodjie Smith  Okay Sparkes
Kidderminster Histon
66 Wright McPhee Wright to striker. 59 Stevenson Smith Stevenson to right central midfield, Smith to right midfield.
66 Gittings Hankin Gittings to left wing, Blair to right wing, Briggs to right central midfield, Shaw to left central midfield. Now 4-2-4.     
74 Thompson-Brown Shaw Thompson-Brown to striker, Wright to left wing, Gittings to left central midfield, Shaw to right central midfield.     
Kidderminster Histon
   Murray 54 Foul 
Referee: Declan Ford (Leicestershire)
Match Report by St@tto

The curtain came down on Harriers' rollercoaster season with a disappointing low-key draw against bottom club Histon, ending the visitors' run of 13 consecutive defeats.

Steve burr took the opportunity to rotate the squad a little, giving Dave Hankin a first start since January and on-loan Matt Lowe finally came in to make his debut; youngsters Dan Taylor and Robert Thompson-Brown came into the squad on the bench.

Harriers enjoyed the lion's share of possession in the first half,but in brilliant sunshine the game had a real end-of-season air to it with Harriers looking a little deflated after missing out on the play-offs.  Chris McPhee, Hankin and Keith Briggs forced saves out of Histon keeper Wesley Foderingham without really testing him.  Against the run of play the visitors took the lead five minutes before the break; Mark Albrighton dropped a back-pass to Danny Lewis too short allowing Omer Riza to nip in and steal the ball before tucking it past Lewis to record The Stutes' second goal in the last nine games.

After the break Harriers started out with loads of possession again; Tom Shaw and Matt Blair combined on the right to set up Briggs but his shot was parried by Foderingham at the expense of a corner.  Midway through the half Shaw lost the ball to Riza who broke into the penalty area but Lewis was quick to react and saved at his feet.

Histon doubled their advantage on 76 minutes; Riza received a pass from the left and teed it up for Antonio Murray who curled a great shot beyond the reach of Lewis and into the far top corner of the net.  Two minutes later Harriers got themselves back into the game; Jamille Matt's pass setting up Blair who took the ball forward before sliding his shot in off the far post to record his 11th goal of the season.  49 seconds later Harriers were level; Thompson-Brown, on for his debut, slid a perfectly weighted pass into the path of Briggs who drilled a low shot from outside the penalty area past Foderingham.  Late on Harriers could have snatched victory but Matt's header from a right-wing corner dropped just over the bar.