Alfreton Town 0(0) v (0)2 Kidderminster Harriers

Football Conference National - North Street - 21 January 2012

Attendance: 990

Individual Stats
v Kidderminster
Dan Lowson      [1/31] Tony Breeden     
Josh Law      [2/15] Tom Sharpe     
Connor Franklin      [3/22] Mickey Demetriou     
Adam Quinn      [25/4] Luke Jones     
Greg Young      [5/3] Mike Williams     
Theo Streete      [4/24] Kyle Storer     
Jamie Mullan      [19/23] James McQuilkin     
Jake Moult      [8/30] Dan Bradley     
Louis Moult      [17/20] Jamille Matt     
Nathan Arnold      [11/34] Lee Hendrie     
Nathan Jarman      [16/14] Nick Wright     
Matt Wilson      [6/9] Steve Guinan     
Paul Clayton      [9/16] Michael Briscoe     
Leigh Franks      [12/18] Callum Gittings     
Anthony Wilson      [15/27] Anthony Malbon     
Craig Clay      [/21] Dean Lyness     
Team Stats
  Fouls Conceded Offside Corners Shots On Shots off
Alfreton 5 0 4 1 4
Kidderminster 10 1 8 8 8
Alfreton Kidderminster
   90 Anthony Malbon
   90+4 Jamille Matt
Law Quinn  Young Franklin
Mullan J. Moult  Streete Jarman
  L. Moult  Arnold 
Sharpe Jones  Mi. Williams Demetriou
  Bradley  Storer 
McQuilkin  Hendrie  Wright
Alfreton Kidderminster
45+3  L. Moult Now 4-4-1. 61 Guinan McQuilkin 
90+3 Clayton Arnold Clayton to striker. 76 Malbon Sharpe Malbon to striker, Bradley to right back.
90+3 A. Wilson J. Moult A Wilson to striker. Now 4-3-2. 87 Gittings Hendrie Gittings to left central midfield.
Alfreton Kidderminster
Law 42 Foul
Mullan 75 Simulation
L. Moult 45+3 Serious Foul Play Sharpe 38 Foul
Hendrie 59 Foul
Storer 69 Foul
Referee: Richard West (Beverley)
Match Report by St@tto

Harriers' ability to keep playing right to the end of the game came to their rescue again as two goals after the 89th minute saw them take all three points and record their second league double of the season.

New signing Anthony Malbon had to be content with a place on the bench while on-loan winger James McQuilkin came in for his first start; Tony Breeden, Luke Jones and Lee Hendrie all returned to the side after being forced to miss the previous game against Droylsden in t he FA Trophy.

A stiff breeze made conditions awkward for both teams and neither really got to grips with it in a very scrappy, dull, opening period.  Harriers had the best of the possession and created more chances but didn't really look like breaking the deadlock until home keeper Dan Lowson turned away Nick Wright's shot after he had been set clear by Lee Hendrie's pass ten minutes before the break.

In time added on at the end of the half the home team were reduced to ten men when Louis Moult was sent off for a reckless two-footed lunge at Kyle Storer.

Ten minutes into the second half Lowson came to Alfreton's rescue again when Harriers were awarded a corner on the right, McQuilkin's cross headed goalwards by Mike Williams until Lowson got his fingertips to it to push it over the bar.  The quality of the game didn't improve any in the second period; Harriers again dominated possession but could not break down the home defence.

Six minutes from time Nathan Jarman went close to opening the scoring for the home team; his free-kick from just outside the penalty area beat the wall but was too high and didn't trouble Breeden.  With one second of regular time remaining Harriers finally broke the deadlock; a long cross-field pass picked out Dan Bradley in acres of space on the right wing, his cross to the far post was swept in by Malbon who had come on 15 minutes earlier to mark his debut in the best possible way.

Harriers were not done, however, and four minutes into stoppage time added a second goal when a swift counter-attack saw Steve Guinan clear on the left; he passed inside to Jamille Matt who was left with an easy task to turn the ball in for his 14th goal of the season.